Less Expensive Castor Shims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.grantsloop.com
Looking for castor shims. $OR has them for $22 plus shipping. THat seems pretty high for what they are. Does anyone know of someplace they are less expensive. I was suprised to see there are none on eBay.

that's about what you are gonna pay.

If you are going to get a pair, get some steel ones that actually bolt to the springpack.

sorry for hijacking your thread, but how do i determine what degree shim I need? Also, my OME lift gave me an inch more lift in the back over the front, now it sits ass up. Are there (gulp) lowering blocks out there?

take it to an alignment shop..

The rear will most likely sag over time. That is why they sit a bit butt high at first..

sorry for hijacking your thread, but how do i determine what degree shim I need? Also, my OME lift gave me an inch more lift in the back over the front, now it sits ass up. Are there (gulp) lowering blocks out there?

NP! I did a search on here and found somewhere what degree I needed. I believe the Specter Off Road website also will tell you what degree you need for what lift. Have given any thought to adding add-a-leafs in the front to level it out? Just a thought..... I ended up getting my shims from 4wheelparts.com. They had quite an assortment and the best prices.

It is best to verify the amount of shims you need.

Each rig is different.

It is best to verify the amount of shims you need.

Each rig is different.

Mace is right. I had my alignment checked so I knew my caster angle and then ordered some 2 degree shims.

thanks, I need an alignment anyways so I'll have it checked. 4crawler looks like they know there stuff, I'll give them a try

one reason I do not like the 4 crawler ones is that they are only 2" wide.

Kinda narrow.

2.5" is better.

that's about what you are gonna pay.

If you are going to get a pair, get some steel ones that actually bolt to the springpack.

I have the aluminum ones from MAF that just sit on the spring pack center bolt.

one reason I do not like the 4 crawler ones is that they are only 2" wide.

Kinda narrow.

2.5" is better.

He will custom make them. I gave him some measurements but it has been so long I don't remember what other than 2 degrees. They are the width of the spring pack though.

I have the aluminum ones from MAF that just sit on the spring pack center bolt.

worst design..

The AL distorts, cracks and falls out.

The new steel ones that bolt to the spring itself are much better/safer.

I measured them tonight and they are 2.5" wide. 4crawler custom made them from steel to the measurement I gave him.
IMG_1570.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom