Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All, I am happy to present the aggregated photo sharing site based on everyone's submissions (so far) and encourage everyone to go out, take a spin, and re-live some incredible memories and trails!

This site will be updated as more submissions come in. Please refer to the original email for those instructions, alternatively PM/email me if you have any questions or issues sharing your content. I've been trying to stay on top of all the great photos out there, but if you see any that are missing, do let me know.

Everyone's contributions are greatly appreciated!

I don’t know if this will post here as it’s a Facebook link. A Jeep went down on Imogene pass, specifically the Telluride side on Tomboy Rd. It had a man and wife, both 72 years old. It seems they survived the 450 foot tumble. I recall our group going up while passing two other groups on that trail, one in the exact area they went off it appears.

I don’t know if this will post here as it’s a Facebook link. A Jeep went down on Imogene pass, specifically the Telluride side on Tomboy Rd. It had a man and wife, both 72 years old. It seems they survived the 450 foot tumble. I recall our group going up while passing two other groups on that trail, one in the exact area they went off it appears.

Saw that on FB. Ugh. Photos look pretty awful. I see crushed fingers (sadly common with open-air Jeep rolls), but they seemed to mercifully limit images to avoid revealing identities. So unfortunate.

I recall hearing there was also a Jeep that went over somewhere during LCDC...but don’t recall which trail or details. Not sure, but someone will know.

One went off Kendall mtn road resulting in a fatality around the beginning of the event.

The place is beautiful and the trails fun but don’t forget what we are dealing with out there.. an errant wheel can lead to life altering problems.

Wow. I don’t remember Imogene being very challenging. Perhaps the driver got distracted.

Wow. I don’t remember Imogene being very challenging. Perhaps the driver got distracted.

Ya, I suspect a ton of these accidents are from simple distraction.. That, or newer drivers not knowing the track width of their vehicle...or...riding the brakes until they go utterly soft and fail.

Perfect example is the infamous BBP cockpit-view video of a Jeep mindlessly driving two wheels up a bank and rolling. -Easy spot...just not paying attention. :( You can hear them talking about stuff in the back of the vehicle....and then...oops. They are lucky to be alive:

thedrive.com picked up the story. I hope they heal quickly.

If I remember correctly Royer Gulch is the area just out of Telluride with the very tall walls to your left if you are headed up hill. In a way they may have been lucky they were so close to town. One story said the woman used her cell phone.. for sure some service providers don't have reception too much further up.

Good thing they have great search & rescue teams up there.

I agree.. hope they recover quickly.

Good to see, Cole! It was disappointing to not be able to make this year. (Spent the last 6 weeks selling our home in Colorado and moving to Bend, Oregon.). So looking forward to catching up next year! And so glad that you are already planning an event.

Hi guys, sorry for the long delay. I've added a ton of pictures in the gallery @kevinfoutch started LCDC 2019
Heads up to those of you who were in Cole's group D1, Kevin's group D2, and Mark's group D3 - there might be a picture of your rig on the trail
@Markuson @kevinfoutch @codyaustin5 @indycole @Union @TRD Burglar @Romer are just a few I remember their mud sign

Here are a couple of my favorite images

11-2.jpg
11-3.jpg
11-4.jpg
12-3.jpg
11-1.jpg

Just got back home Sunday evening. We took the circuitous route back to Chicago which involves stopping in Sequoia and Yosemite. Lots of photos to share as soon as I can get them off my camera - been dealing with a minor disaster at work since I walked in the door. A few of the LC heritage museum in SLC as well which we took when passing through on our way home. Hoping to have a few posted this weekend for y’all

I added day three pictures from Corkscrew and Minnie Gulches. Most pics are of @screenflicker since I was behind him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom