LC300 Crash Test Video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scotch

SILVER Star
Threads

""
2022 Toyota LandCruiser 300 Series scores five-star safety rating The recently released Toyota LandCruiser 300 Series has taken full marks from ANCAP's crash tests, scoring five out of five stars. Having gone on sale last year and with the first examples arriving just before Christmas, all LandCruiser 300 Series (LC300) variants apart from the GR Sport have been rated by ANCAP, leading its class in the tests. Out of the four tested categories, its strongest showing was in adult occupant protection where it scored 34.08 points out of 38 available, a score of 89 per cent. Full marks were given in the side impact, oblique pole, far side impact and rescue and extraction tests, while its weakest result came courtesy of the frontal offset test, taking 4.9 out of eight points on offer. Next best was its child occupant protection rating – an 88 per cent overall result was only slightly down on the adult occupant score, again taking full marks in two of the four tests. Vulnerable road users are relatively well protected as the 81 per cent score revealed – thanks to 44.02 points from 54 available – with upper and lower leg impacts as well as its autonomous emergency braking capabilities for forward pedestrian impacts all scoring within a point of full marks. Still attributing towards the overall five-star rating, the LC300's safety assist systems were given 12.4 points out of 16 (77 per cent), as all individual categories bar one tested scored above half, with the AEB junction assist awarded 0.89 points out of two.

It’s automatically stopping just inches away from the test pedestrian in perfect conditions. In the real world a real pedestrian will be toast.

How pathetic is it that automakers are now spending tens of millions of dollars making cars more complex so that the vehicle will not hit a clueless moron that blindly walks into traffic?

Or cars that won't run into the back of a 6 foot wide, 5 foot tall object in the road.

Or stay in the lane.

Where is the driver? Why do I have to foot the bill for these radar/lidar/gaydar systems? Why do we reward dumb and selfish and ignorant behavior? We expect things to 'get better' by coddling the idiot masses?

Where is the driver?

The end game, likely not in our lifetimes, is no driver at all. While driverless cars are decades out, their existence is inevitable.
What we’re seeing today with lidar and radar and maybe perhaps even gaydar, is baby steps towards that goal.

Te end game for who?
With no driver, and no house hold having 2.5 cars and buying new because they get bored, keeping up with the jones, etc.....means less new cars sold.
Fleets that operate these rented, driverless cars will no doubt maintain them and keep them on the road longer, to maximize profits.
If they are all on the net and connected, that should mean far fewer collisions that total the vehicle.
Also, in theory, electric cars will last longer anyway with less moving parts with only a battery pack change out every 5-10 years. and brakes and tires.

So, in the meantime, for the next decade, the new LC300 needs to stop for a clueless pedestrian? Toyota wants to sell less cars?

Just grinds my gears because eventaully all this stuff will become mandated, like rear view cams and TPMS is now. I don't want it. I pay attention. I was taught there were consequences of walking out into traffic, not maintaining my vehicle, and to look behind me before I backed into something. Its just more of coddling and rewarding the lowest common denominator and a race to the idocy bottom.

That I get the luxury of paying for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom