Lc200 loss of power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been getting this problem since 6 month now and we couldn’t find the problem for my LC200 , 2011, manual, petrol. I would appreciate if someone that has the same problem found a solution or and experienced person can help. Once I drive for some time with my Lc after a while ( 1-2 hours) if I am running specially uphill the power starts to decrease and the engine will stop taking power when I reach 3000 rpm , it is like it is stuck to 3000 rpm , the more I drive the rpm decreases , like after some time the lc stops having power on 1,500 rpm. I stop the car and put the gear on neutral and I press the paddle the car work fine , but when I put the gear and press the paddle the problem is there. Can anyone help me please ?

JIMMY FRANCIS
Land Cruiser 200, V6, 2011, GXR.petrol, Manual
Engine: 1GRA366268
FRAME No : JTMHU09JXB4046143

I have been getting this problem since 6 month now and we couldn’t find the problem for my LC200 , 2011, manual, petrol. I would appreciate if someone that has the same problem found a solution or and experienced person can help. Once I drive for some time with my Lc after a while ( 1-2 hours) if I am running specially uphill the power starts to decrease and the engine will stop taking power when I reach 3000 rpm , it is like it is stuck to 3000 rpm , the more I drive the rpm decreases , like after some time the lc stops having power on 1,500 rpm. I stop the car and put the gear on neutral and I press the paddle the car work fine , but when I put the gear and press the paddle the problem is there. Can anyone help me please ?

JIMMY FRANCIS
Land Cruiser 200, V6, 2011, GXR.petrol, Manual
Engine: 1GRA366268
FRAME No : JTMHU09JXB4046143
Get a code reader. For this type of troubleshooting I prefer the OBD2-to-USB mini VCI dongles and a copy of Techstream since it'll show every hidden Toyota code, but OBD Fusion or Torque Pro may give you sufficient info. If the ECU is cutting back power it will record why (i.e. "cylinder 3 misfire"). Without that you'll be completely guessing at this.

Another thing you didn't mention was the mileage on your vehicle. I agree with the previous post. But just spitballing, sounds like it is fuel starvation. Either clogged filter or tired fuel pump. Is there a malfunction light on?

Another thing you didn't mention was the mileage on your vehicle. I agree with the previous post. But just spitballing, sounds like it is fuel starvation. Either clogged filter or tired fuel pump. Is there a malfunction light on?

Could be fuel starvation, could be a fouled plug, could be bad plug wires, could be a bad knock sensor, could be something overheating and the ECU backing off power to let things cool, could be any number of things. Debugging this without a code reader is futile.

Could be fuel starvation, could be a fouled plug, could be bad plug wires, could be a bad knock sensor, could be something overheating and the ECU backing off power to let things cool, could be any number of things. Debugging this without a code reader is futile.
Agreed. For the most part. Fuel starvation that causes driveability problems will sometimes set a CEL for fuel system being lean if it is bad enough. But if there is no code for the code reader to read? That's where the real fun begins! :hmm: I agree a good diagnostic tool will help immensely, and should be the first thing to check. Pending codes or history codes, as well as being able to monitor live data when the problem occurs can diagnose way more than a spitball guess🤣

Last edited:
Agreed. For the most part. Fuel starvation that causes driveability problems will sometimes set a CEL for fuel system being lean if it is bad enough. But if there is no code for the code reader to read? That's where the real fun begins! :hmm: I agree a good diagnostic tool will help immensely, and should be the first thing to check. Pending codes or history codes, as well as being able to monitor live data when the problem occurs can diagnose way more than a spitball guess🤣
Yeah I'm guessing the OP doesn't have a CEL, but there are probably Toyota-specific codes stored in the ECU. Also seems weird that this issue doesn't happen until the vehicle has been running a couple hours.

I am going fuel pump since it tends to happen after the vehicle is running for a while. When they die slowly they can sometimes act this way as they get warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom