LC200 2023MY? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was in Columbus, Ohio this weekend visiting 2 of my sons attending college there and came across a government contractor and their parking lot. Rows of brand new LC200 GXRs, Hilux, and 70 series pickups and 5 door wagons. Glancing at one of the 200s near the fence, it had a build sheet stating MY2023. I wonder if Toyota is still building the 200 under contract?

Strangely enough, no 300s in sight. I would not really expect them as I am sure the engineering for whatever mods they are making will take some time.

Pretty interesting video on what they do.

Last edited:
I was in Columbus, Ohio this weekend visiting 2 of my sons attending college there and came across a government contractor and their parking lot. Rows of brand new LC200 GXRs, Hilux, and 70 series pickups and 5 door wagons. Glancing at one of the 200s near the fence, it had a build sheet stating MY2023. I wonder if Toyota is still building the 200 under contract?

Strangely enough, no 300s in sight. I would not really expect them as I am sure the engineering for whatever mods they are making will take some time.

Pretty interesting video on what they do.

Interesting. Perhaps a fleet order that was last batch produced in 2022 and bulk ocean freight shipped once the order was completed?

Did you make any offers? Lol

One thing I found interesting is they add 3500 pounds of extra weight in armoring and upgrading, including strengthening the frame. That’s a significant change to the payload. I wonder if any of those suspension parts are available in the consumer market.

Last edited:
IMG_9942.jpeg

IMG_9943.jpeg

Man would I like to have one of those 70 series wagons...

Very interesting situation. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. I love seeing all the hard working Gibraltar Toyotas.

I wonder if the 200s are from ‘21, but they get re-registered after their modifications are completed as ‘23 models. Pretty sure they shut down the 200 line to ramp 300.

Thanks for sharing. I love seeing all the hard working Gibraltar Toyotas.

I wonder if the 200s are from ‘21, but they get re-registered after their modifications are completed as ‘23 models. Pretty sure they shut down the 200 line to ramp 300.
I believe the Gibraltar vehicles get modified in similar ways but locally on the rock. I wonder how many of these go to US special forces?

Dog, you coulda chewed through that fence. For the rest of us, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom