LC MemorySeats ECU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

justimaginejack

Looking for a new Cruiser
Threads
Recently I realized that the seat button I hit on my 2001 ES 300 is the same seat button on the LX through 06. I looked at the two seats and they appeared to be the exact same, except for the plastic on the bottom of the seat protecting the mechanics. On the ES their is a ledge, with the Three buttons in a Vertical line Set, 1, 2 .
The LX has this same small three button panel on the Driverside door. The letters are horizontal as opposed to vertical, but it is the same. When I compared the bottom of the seat From the ES to the LC it appears the LC is lacking a small black box that is wired into the three button Panel. I am going to check into this and see If I can order a memory seat replacement for the 2001 ES300/Camry. I would imagine that regardless of the Vehicle it would be the same part number. If this is the case, then the next step would be to order the part, disasseble the seat, plug in the needed components, which should fit ok, because the seat bracket is the same as the LC. Then test to make sure and cut a hole in the side cover, mount the 3-button panel, and Viola.

A Landcruiser with memory seats! This could probable be done to the passenger side seats as well. Sans Lumbar support pre 03, but I don't think the LX470 or the LS430 ever got passenger seat adjustments by memory. Which is sad considering you can get it as well as the Seat air conditioners in the ES330, a dramitically lower priced model.

I am going to call Toyota/Lexus here, All the Parts guys, please check the part numbers. Look over the schematics and see if this is doable. If so list a price qoute and I will buy from you. I hope to have this solved by the end of the week and will keep you posted.

It always makes me happy to see someone tackling mods other than off-roading :) Details & pix as it evolves, thanks!

Recently I realized that the seat button I hit on my 2001 ES 300 is the same seat button on the LX through 06. I looked at the two seats and they appeared to be the exact same, except for the plastic on the bottom of the seat protecting the mechanics. On the ES their is a ledge, with the Three buttons in a Vertical line Set, 1, 2 .
The LX has this same small three button panel on the Driverside door. The letters are horizontal as opposed to vertical, but it is the same. When I compared the bottom of the seat From the ES to the LC it appears the LC is lacking a small black box that is wired into the three button Panel. I am going to check into this and see If I can order a memory seat replacement for the 2001 ES300/Camry. I would imagine that regardless of the Vehicle it would be the same part number. If this is the case, then the next step would be to order the part, disasseble the seat, plug in the needed components, which should fit ok, because the seat bracket is the same as the LC. Then test to make sure and cut a hole in the side cover, mount the 3-button panel, and Viola.

A Landcruiser with memory seats! This could probable be done to the passenger side seats as well. Sans Lumbar support pre 03, but I don't think the LX470 or the LS430 ever got passenger seat adjustments by memory. Which is sad considering you can get it as well as the Seat air conditioners in the ES330, a dramitically lower priced model.

I am going to call Toyota/Lexus here, All the Parts guys, please check the part numbers. Look over the schematics and see if this is doable. If so list a price qoute and I will buy from you. I hope to have this solved by the end of the week and will keep you posted.

Is the ECU in the LC the same as on the LX? The memory seats in the LX have a seat ECU in the seat, so the motors wire to that ecu rather than directly to the switch like on the passenger side seat. The seat ECU is connected to the main ECU's behind the glove box. I'm not certain what the main ECU's function in the memory seats is exactly, but I know the steering wheel and mirrors are retained there. Not sure if the seat settings are remembered in the seat ECU or main ECU. I suspect the main ECU since in the schematic, the memory seats switch on the 03 LX connects to the main ECU, NOT the seat ECU!! If the LC and LX ECU's are different, you will also need to replace the main ECU!

IMHO, the parts you'll need are:
-memory seat switch for the door
-seat ECU
-main ECU for LX

So I called my buddy down at Lexus parts and he is faxing me the schematics on the ES300. The part # for the seat mounted ES300 memory seats are
84922-33110 Drivers Side 3 button switch 125.00
89710-33020 "" Position computer. $540.00 A little black box that plugs into the switch.

Does anybody have the schematics on the 2000 LC seat. If you could send them my way I would appreciate it.

As soon as I get all the schematics, I am going to dissasemble both seats, double check to make sure everything works and then order the parts. I will just pull them off my ES and put them on the LC to see. I will do pic's.
esseat.jpg

I don't think the LX470 or the LS430 ever got passenger seat adjustments by memory. Which is sad considering you can get it as well as the Seat air conditioners in the ES330, a dramitically lower priced model.

I know this is an old post, but the lack of passenger seat memory was likely due to the oversight of which markets the units were sold in. In a lot of places in the world, LS & LX's are vehicles that people are driven in and ride in the backseat. If I recall, when the LS460 was first launched, it lacked passenger seat memory which I found odd. It was added later.

Yup, the lack of seat memory in a 2005 flagship vehicle kind of blows my mind as I've had Volvos back in the 90's that had it. Even the old 90's Jeep grand cherokees had it. I would love to figure out how we can retrofit it from the LX model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom