LC Badge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What languages does the Toyota Land Cruiser badge come in in other countries?
In Japan, do they call it Land Cruiser or is called a Japanese word. What about the Toyota name?

TOYOTA LANDCRUISER .... TOYOTA LANDCRUISER :D

EVERYWHERE :cheers:

Mike

To expound I believe it may be "Torota Rand Cruiser...ehhh"!

I think...that TOYOTA used to be called TOYODA.
cant confirm though..i always read about 40's guys looking for the TOYODA mark on their rigs.

Why would they use English in Japan?
Is it on the LC only?
The owner was MR Toyoda. Wax on, waxoff.

its called(badged) Land Cruiser everyplace, any country. in the UK, its called the Amazon(the 80 series I think) but it's still marked as a Land Cruiser

I think if you look real close even on a 80 series you will find Toyoda marked on some parts.......

John H

I know my ecm and brake booster on the mini truck are marked toyoda. havent found any on the pig but havent looked that hard.
Dave

globalization, I imagine.
Too many languages to cover otherwise, so english is easier? And it may have some "import" cachet in most countries?
E

In Japan, all the cars have romanized names and from what I saw they were all English. Even the really old cars. I couldn't get and answer as to why no kanji or hiragana is used in car names. The funny thing is that even though the names are spelled out in English, they are pronounced in Japanese. So, a Land Cruiser becomes and Lan Kurusa or Lan Ku for short.

Tom

And then the irony is that they come over here and see all the ricers with their Kanji equivilents pasted all over the place. Must think we're morons. Especially when the Kanji characters can mean so many things at the same time.

For a good laugh check out www.engrish.com

They've got to have a site out there like this for us as well. :flipoff2:

[quote author=Phaedrus link=board=2;threadid=7994;start=msg67885#msg67885 date=1069781999]
I know my ecm and brake booster on the mini truck are marked toyoda. havent found any on the pig but havent looked that hard.
Dave
[/quote]

look on the steering box. 80 series might even be stamped Toyoda. Also the PS cap up to 1990 at least.

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=2;threadid=7994;start=msg67998#msg67998 date=1069797214]
look on the steering box. 80 series might even be stamped Toyoda.[/quote]

It is.

[quote author=Safado link=board=2;threadid=7994;start=msg67996#msg67996 date=1069797001]
For a good laugh check out www.engrish.com
[/quote]

You bastard! I was going to post that! you stole my thunder...... :'(

Great site! I work for a Japanese company and a few of the guys just went over for a business trip. They were amazed at the wholesale use of english words and phrases that had nothing to do with the items/plases/stores they were on. Japanese are apparently hooked on the look of our language.
The same as the riceboys love kanji here. Does anyone REALLY know what those stickers say???

One time I was working an event with one of the Japanese trainees they sent over. A woman walked in with a dress that had kanji all over it. I asked him what it really said.
He looked very confused as he tried to read it, then told me "It means nothing, it is only letters" like someone wrote ' A C K THJ KL E ' all over a dress. Hillarious!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom