Last Minute Borrego Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m staying in Mt. Laguna Friday night and will be exploring Borrego during the day Saturday and camping in Coyote Canyon Saturday night. I will be with my son and have no specific plans for Saturday and will likely head home mid-morning Sunday. We plan to be in Coyote Canyon by late afternoon to find a camp spot.

I will monitor the Mt. Laguna repeater on Saturday: Rx 147.150 Tx 147.750 PL 107.2. But, don’t know if it will reach in the canyon.

Plan to camp around N33 22 04.1 W116 28 33.9 as long as it is available.

LMK if an anyone that wants to join in.

Mark

All of you that ignored this missed a weekend of absolutely perfect weather. Mark, his son Austin and I enjoyed a very relaxing Saturday afternoon/evening up at the Sheep Canyon campground. State has made some nice improvements to the campground with fire rings and very sturdy wood picnic tables. To bad I dont' have the same feeling about their 'improvements' to the trail up there! My god, I can drive my damn Prius up there now...ok, not quite, but too damn close. Third crossing is a crying shame what they did to that too. I know they've done this for more open access, but as an offroader, I'd like a few places where some folks just can't get too. Oh well. It's still a beautiful camp site. Got up lazily Sunday morning and took a quick hike up to the lower falls before heading home.

Awesome weekend in Borrego. Weather could not have been better and wheeling was great, although we got a little lost in the badlands below Fonts. Here are a few photos of the trip. My son has a few more photos on his web site http://www.schmidyphotography.com/star-photography/b3x4x9gcmazht3cwjjk3scmw9q4mqr

1_2.small.jpg

2_no trail.small.jpg

_MG_1779 copy.jpg

_MG_2186 copy.jpg

_MG_2220 copy.jpg

1_2.small.jpg

2_no trail.small.jpg

_MG_1779 copy.jpg

_MG_2186 copy.jpg

_MG_2220 copy.jpg

Great pics Austin! I see what you meant about the fire lighting up the surrounding hills with the time lapse!

It looks like it was a good time. I saw the last minute announcement and wished we could of made it. We need to get out there.

I'm new to the forum. New to 80's, but I'm a quick learner (look. I'm here on this forum). We're in Julian. Have a son in 6th grade and Scouts. I'd like to go on a trip, too, in the future.

man i miss borrego!! great pictures btw

cruiserruf said:
man i miss borrego!! great pictures btw

What's the happs? Having seen you on mud for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom