last chance-red rock run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I can do that.

Hey Mark, barring any unforseen issues, I'll be there.

The last time we did this it was a blast! Looking forward to it again.

Dana

Hey Mark, barring any unforseen issues, I'll be there.

The last time we did this it was a blast! Looking forward to it again.

Dana

Cool Dana.

Hey, I got your message, but I"ve been swamped. Sorry I don't have anyone to recommend on pressing bushings. :frown:

Cool Dana.

Hey, I got your message, but I"ve been swamped. Sorry I don't have anyone to recommend on pressing bushings. :frown:

No problem Mark. I found a local frame guy that 's handling it for me at a reasonable price.

Now I just need to locate a couple of the NATO-style fuel cans. Know anyone local that's got a couple for sale, including spout? None of the vendors will ship to a CA address. I am trying to locate some in LV so I can pick them up on my way to Moab. I'd rather buy them here, though.

thanks

Dana

No problem Mark. I found a local frame guy that 's handling it for me at a reasonable price.

Now I just need to locate a couple of the NATO-style fuel cans. Know anyone local that's got a couple for sale, including spout? None of the vendors will ship to a CA address. I am trying to locate some in LV so I can pick them up on my way to Moab. I'd rather buy them here, though.

thanks

Dana

Ask Calico Kid, he's pretty 'up' on those cans! Does that mean you're going on the overnight run too?

thanks

Dana

Tell them you want a water can or a oil can. the water can's are blue thats the only diff

Try here ask for 5 gal oil cans

I may be able to find 2 I will check

Surplus Value center

Neighborhood: Silver Lake
3828 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323) 662-8132

Last edited:
????? which overnight run?

The one you would need the extra fuel for!

;p

The run is called Hotel Rock. That's all I know...besides that I will be there!

Time to start a head count. I got a phone call from an old bud of mine who wants to take his 454LC out again. So who's in besides me and Calico?

Time to start a head count. I got a phone call from an old bud of mine who wants to take his 454LC out again. So who's in besides me and Calico?

I be there!

BTW Mark, I heard you were in Moab. sorry I missed you there.

Dana

After the cryptic directions to the turn off for the trail run the other night, I believe I have a GPS coord, I searched a bunch of sat photos and topo's and based on John's directions this appears to be correct.
For those of you that know where it is, then you dont need this, but for those that dont, ( me) this will help.
Depending what map you look at its either EP 15, EP 155, Harts Place, Last Chance Road or Burro Schmidt Rd.
Sat photos show the billboards on the left side of the 14,in an area that had some old ruins, turn out is to the right.
35*30.044 N
117*56.929 W

Steve

Is this run still on for this weekend?

If so, please let me know exact meeting place (description, no gps here), and time.

thanks

Also, is this a one-day run, or an overnight?

Dana

The run is on. The exact headcount is still not known. Somewhere between 6 and 15.

My wife and I will be headed up early Friday afternoon, hopefully in my brown FJ60. Should be in camp before dark. I am not sure what time others will be filtering in.

According to Calico, turnoff is approximately 8 miles north of the State Park entrance. Turnoff should be marked as noted: EP15 or Burro Schmidt, also marked by billboards on BOTH sides of the highway.

:cheers:

100 degree temps predicted.:eek:

What happened?

So, did anybody go on this run?

Not I, got called out of town:frown:

Calico almost bailed out of his own run.......twice! Would have ensured him of a permanent duck IMO.

Tina and I got to the campsite about 5pm Friday. Drove into Bonanza and hung out with Jose at Bickel for a while, then drove back out. Calico pulled in about midnight. Bogus One and his family came in about 8am Saturday. We had a great run Saturday, including some challenging obstacles on EP11 on the way out to Goler Gulch.

Wheeled the FJ60 and loved the heck out of it. It's given me a lot of new things to ponder.

It was blazing hot, but you know the saying, it was a dry heat!

We took the backroad to Randsburg [dirt] and found that one of the water mains that supplys the town had just begun to leak, forming a spring in the middle of the road!

Ran Last Chance on the way back in. Again, the 60 performed flawlessly. We set up camp at the Two of Hearts and had a great campfire. During the night, Kiwi Wayne joined us, so we wheeled on Sunday with 4 rigs. Took a run up to Burro Schmidt [very sad situation there] and then went off to find the Cable Cabin. The road up there was VERY, very steep, but the views from the top were incredible. It still amazes me how many areas there are out there to explore.

That's all for now.

To all that flaked....:p

Did you get any pics, Mark?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom