Largest bottle Jack that fits in compartment in back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone considered buffing up the bottle Jack in the rear compartment...I.e. shoe horning the largest possible Jack into that available storage space? Is it possible to get a larger one in there? And, if so, what would the largest one be?

I am currently looking into this myself. The provided jack is frankly insufficient if you need to change a front tire(ask me how I know). I will update you with my results, assuming someone doesn’t chime in with a ready solution

Wondering if there's variations in the stock jacks provided? Some have found the jack sufficient, lifting at just over 19" height, for even lifted/bigger tired rigs . And some find it coming up short? Can you measure how far your current jack lifts?

Other than just a larger jack (I would imagine that would be hard to find one that fits in the existing space), some key accessories may make the existing jack reach farther, add more flexibility, and safety.

1615052692951.png

Amazon product ASIN B07TYCFM6T

I am currently looking into this myself. The provided jack is frankly insufficient if you need to change a front tire(ask me how I know). I will update you with my results, assuming someone doesn’t chime in with a ready solution
Maybe yours was the thread I was reading where the idea popped into my head.

I figure...if I’m going to have a bottle Jack, if I get a big heavy duty one, I can use it for tire changes or self recovery while trail riding...in some situations, a bottle Jack is the ideal choice.
Wondering if there's variations in the stock jacks provided? Some have found the jack sufficient, lifting at just over 19" height, for even lifted/bigger tired rigs . And some find it coming up short? Can you measure how far your current jack lifts?

Other than just a larger jack (I would imagine that would be hard to find one that fits in the existing space), some key accessories may make the existing jack reach farther, add more flexibility, and safety.

View attachment 2605031

just checked and mine goes up 19” (2011 lx570).

interestingly, if you combine an electronic ratchet or impact wrench with an o2 sensor socket, you can use the first “leg” of the Jack handle to “power” the Jack up. It goes up really fast.

this makes me kind of want to keep the same type of “rotary” (as opposed to pumping type) Jack back there...though as big as I can possibly get...that way I can potentially use it if I get hemmed up on an obstacle off-road.

View attachment 2605031

Btw good idea on the Jack adapter and plate...already had the plate and I just ordered the adapter. I think I’ll stick with the stock Jack for now.

Maybe yours was the thread I was reading where the idea popped into my head.

I figure...if I’m going to have a bottle Jack, if I get a big heavy duty one, I can use it for tire changes or self recovery while trail riding...in some situations, a bottle Jack is the ideal choice.

just checked and mine goes up 19” (2011 lx570).

interestingly, if you combine an electronic ratchet or impact wrench with an o2 sensor socket, you can use the first “leg” of the Jack handle to “power” the Jack up. It goes up really fast.

this makes me kind of want to keep the same type of “rotary” (as opposed to pumping type) Jack back there...though as big as I can possibly get...that way I can potentially use it if I get hemmed up on an obstacle off-road.

Good note on ways to power the stock jack. I have an O2 sensor socket that I will add to my off-roading tool bag.

I do like Phil's jack adapter as it's compact enough to toss into the same space the bottle jack resides in.

Is the plan to leave the stock jack out? I suspect you’ll have trouble finding anything that matches the original for total height, let alone in such a small package. Most bottle jacks aren’t telescopic, plus the body would need to hold enough fluid to fill the cylinder that high.

Is the plan to leave the stock jack out? I suspect you’ll have trouble finding anything that matches the original for total height, let alone in such a small package. Most bottle jacks aren’t telescopic, plus the body would need to hold enough fluid to fill the cylinder that high.
The idea was to make the best most efficient use of the space...so if a larger taller bottle back would fit (especially removing the first aid kit) I was going to do that...

upon measuring a comparably sized bottle jack’s height (4.5 ton harbor freight), I realized the stock one goes up quite a bit higher.

I also realized a screw type (like ours) goes up super fast when paired with an electronic ratchet or impact wrench and o2 sensor socket....and to teckis300’s point, I do already have a plastic hilift base that gives me a bit extra height.

ipso facto, considering I already carry an electronic ratchet and impact wrench...and a hilift base..:the stock Jack is likely the ideal one to keep, especially when paired with the axle adapter listed above.

Last edited:

View attachment 2605031

I use that same base for added height/ stability...keep forgetting to order the jack adapter. Added to the spend list...thanks for the reminder 👍

View attachment 2605031

Do you happen to know if the base of the OEM jack fits within the "well" of the hi-lift jack base? If it's too large, it might be tricky to get the jack vertical and stable without slipping.

Do you happen to know if the base of the OEM jack fits within the "well" of the hi-lift jack base? If it's too large, it might be tricky to get the jack vertical and stable without slipping.
I didn’t try, but I’m 99.99% sure it’ll fit. The stock screw Jack that we have has a very small base. Much smaller than that of a hi lift that the hilift base is designed for.

another option is to use a max trax as a base if you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom