Builds Land Cruiser Products scores another turbo 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just installed my manifold mount EGT and was shocked to see the temperature difference. In one trip it changed my driving style. I was also surprised to really see the benefits of the diesel. The very first trip I took with the EGT gauge was to pick up 3500lbs of gravel with my trailer. And it was a 200 mile round trip. On the way up to the mountains, I was hitting temps of 1100-1200 before I was even loaded. I thought there was something wrong and there was no way I was going to make it back with the trailer loaded. To my surprise, My temps did not change once fully loaded and making sure to change my shifting to much higher RPM's. And far lower speed. I do wish there was a gear between 4th and 5th. At 70mph in the mountains, my EGT reads around 1000-1100 with peaks at 1200. I just got back from a 400 mile trip with three kayaks on the roof and I did find myself slowing down and down shifting on the hills a lot more than I would have. No question why a friend called the gauge a "fun killer".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom