Land 2 1kzte auto full tank mileage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That sounds not great. Probably around 15l/100km or worse. If you're in heavy city traffic it might be expected. Or towing....

You need to calculate more accurately to know. Fill your tank completely and reset your trip meter. Drive to about 1/4 tank remaining and fill the tank comletely again. Record how many litres you filled and how many kms on the trip meter. Use this to calculate litre/100km. A KZJ78 should be around 12l/100km mixed driving.

Last edited:
That sounds not great. Probably around 15l/100km or worse. If you're in heavy city traffic it might be expected. Or towing....

You need to calculate more accurately to know. Fill your tank completely and reset your trip meter. Drive to about 1/4 tank remaining and fill the tank comletely again. Record how many litres you filled and how many kms on the trip meter. Use this to calculate litre/100km. A KZJ77 should

Thank for the tips. Yup i use my car daily in city. Also my exhaust was sit near on driver back passanger side step. Straight pipe,2.5 inch with center bullet. Exhaust sound good but feel weak at low rpm.

You need to calculate more accurately to know. Fill your tank completely and reset your trip meter. Drive to about 1/4 tank remaining and fill the tank comletely again. Record how many litres you filled and how many kms on the trip meter. Use this to calculate litre/100km. A KZJ78 should be around 12l/100km mixed driving.
Thank for the tips. Yup i use my car daily in city. Also my exhaust was sit near on driver back passanger side step. Straight pipe,2.5 inch with center bullet. Exhaust sound good but feel weak at low rpm.

Is 4xx kms consider bad or normal?
It really depends on how much fuel it used. The 7* series "90 litre" tanks are difficult to get full and they go 150klms on empty. About the most I ever got into a tank was about 87-88 litres. And how much is 4##?
When you use exact figures , you get an exact idea. I would expect 600-650klms from a tank from any toyota diesel

The most I've put in mine so far has been just over 72L, and that was as low as I dared to take it. There is a lot of fuel left below the bottom tick on the gauge.

The most I've put in mine so far has been just over 72L, and that was as low as I dared to take it. There is a lot of fuel left below the bottom tick on the gauge.

Close to when I bought my truck I ran it out of fuel. Gauge wasn't even to the E yet. When I filled up, it only took 75l. I think I was parked on an incline, which may have contributed to sucking air early. Since then I always fill at 1/4 tank or more.

This has jogged my memory. When I got 88 litres into the 73 series tank (they are all the same 90L tank), I had finished swapping the new 1HZ into the FJ73. I had drained the last of the petrol out of the bung in the tank. It was fairly clean.
I had some diesel in a fuel container which I put in, then drove to the local petrol station, filled it and the total was 87-88 litre.
I think they get an air bubble on top of the tank, you need to rock the vehicle and fill slowly to get close to 90.

I've wondered the same, below is my tracking. On fills that were mostly in-city (or when my lead footed wife takes it out) I would land closer to 15L/100km, while all highway trips are closer to 12.

Other than driving habits, is there anything mechanically that would have a bigger impact? I haven't modified anything under the hood, but have a 2 inch lift and run 265/75r16 tires.

image.jpg

All my 1HZ averaged about 13.5 over a long period and ranged for 12.5 to 14.5/100, The FJ73 + 1HZ was probably the most economical , but not by much.
Tyre pressure, tyre size and lifts all contribute to fuel usage.
So your KZJ78 appears to be heavy on fuel, I have always thought they were introduced for economy reasons where the HD of the other 7* series was not needed.
I don't know what the KZJ7* gear ratios are like but in the HD 7* series, I never use 1st gear except for steep hills and tight car parks.
1st is all rpm and no go.
Around suburban streets, I only use 2nd for take off and 3rd up to 50kph.

Last edited:
It really depends on how much fuel it used. The 7* series "90 litre" tanks are difficult to get full and they go 150klms on empty. About the most I ever got into a tank was about 87-88 litres. And how much is 4##?
When you use exact figures , you get an exact idea. I would expect 600-650klms from a tank from any toyota diesel
Does the kzj78 also use a 90 liter tank? Been wondering this for a while, most I’ve ever been able to put in was 19.7 gallons or 74.5 liters (I think) my low fuel light comes on around 400 km usually, so if I’ve got a 90 liter tank and only getting in the 400s, I might have a problem haha

You can get close to 90 litres. It seems to get an airlock in there. If the car is slightly elevated on the fuel filler side you can get closer to 90.
All 7* series have at least one 90 litre tank.
They will go another 100klms or more after the fuel light comes on.
You should do an accurate consumption assessment. Klms to the tank is meaningless unless you fill and drive to empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom