Lambs and Farm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Two worlds collide.
IMG_2558.JPG

Winter updates?

Lambing season is coming up, my son the Animal Science major tells me. How many sheep in your flock?

Lambing season is coming up, my son the Animal Science major tells me. How many sheep in your flock?
I have five ewes and one ram. I found a new ram last September and he was young at the time, so we'll see what comes of it. The ewes are large sized and "Lambo" the ram is rather small in stature with one small horn but his temperament is very mellow. He got beat up by the ewes for the first couple of weeks, but now he's one of the flock.

Most of the rams I saw were very aggressive with large horns and that just doesn't work when free ranging sheep, so hence Lambo the unicorn will have to suffice. He loves to smell the ewe's urine and smiles big afterwords, that's a good sign in the animal world, lol.

I have five ewes and one ram. I found a new ram last September and he was young at the time, so we'll see what comes of it. The ewes are large sized and "Lambo" the ram is rather small in stature with one small horn but his temperament is very mellow. He got beat up by the ewes for the first couple of weeks, but now he's one of the flock.

Most of the rams I saw were very aggressive with large horns and that just doesn't work when free ranging sheep, so hence Lambo the unicorn will have to suffice. He loves to smell the ewe's urine and smiles big afterwords, that's a good sign in the animal world, lol.
That ram is definitely not getting much of a workout during the orgy that is breeding season.

We had one old guy that would keep winning the fights and would nail nearly all the ewes. He died in the saddle, of course.

Still
Waiting on lambs to drop, but here’s some updates. Got chickens now, eggs are plentiful. Built some new barn doors out of cypress for the old tobacco barn. Sheep are driving me crazy with their demand for sheep feed as there udders are swollen and any day I’m waiting to see new little ones.

Still
Waiting on lambs to drop, but here’s some updates. Got chickens now, eggs are plentiful. Built some new barn doors out of cypress for the old tobacco barn. Sheep are driving me crazy with their demand for sheep feed as there udders are swollen and any day I’m waiting to see new little ones.
Are the wax plugs coming out of the nipples yet?

Dad always predicted lambing based on the wax plugs.

It’s a unicorn. Still no lambs.
EE252309-CDE5-4F38-BD9B-AA19D913CE65.jpeg

Clean burn yesterday.
901EADC5-DB5A-4612-8832-B3D3A673B787.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw a field full of fall lambs last week, and involuntarily said "damn, that sucks."

My wife asked me why and I mentioned what a PITA fall lambs are, but she relied, "we live in the South now."

I just can't get my mind around the fact that fall lambs actually can survive winters here, and don't require constant attention like upper Midwest lambs, due to the horrific winters growing up there.

Nice to see your fuzzies doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom