Wanted Lafayette, LA Low Range Linkage for Transfer Case, 1962 FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joestewart

SILVER Star
Threads
Want to buy the linkage components inside the red circle. This is for a 1962 FJ45 RHD, but I am reasonable sure that the parts from a LHD vehicle are identical.
Scan of parts diagram for low range linkage 1965 FJ40.jpg
Linkage from years '62 up to '66, FJ40 or FJ45, should work (if it doesn't, hopefully we can make some mods and make it work - we have nothing now - Anything is better than nothing). Let me know what you have and how much I need to shell out for it. Thanks

I just sent a floorshift conversion to a doctor back east who will be removing the components you are looking for from his FJ45. I will try to remember to call him Monday to see what he wants to do with his old parts.

You might have to scroll up and down a bit from this quoted link in my build to get full context, but I went through this with my early LHD ‘63 45 build (which is really a ‘62 parts wise). That FD shift linkage changed sometime in mid- to late ’63 or ‘64 as best I was able to ascertain. The link (part X) shown above won’t fit your ‘62, there will be interference with the FD unit itself - unless the RHD is different setup from LHD which I have no clue of.
"Seek and ye shall find" I was wrong in post #341 and deleted the comment. Lo and behold I found the shift shaft. JohnView attachment 1911986View attachment 1911988

Last edited:
65swb45, were you able to get a hold of the doctor? Still looking for these parts. Thanks

65swb45, were you able to get a hold of the doctor? Still looking for these parts. Thanks
Somehow I got the impression that you had taken a step back from this, so when I talked with him, I didn't bother asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom