KZJ78 Head Unit with Apple CarPlay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have a good model that will fit in the factory dash with little to no modification? Thanks in advance!
I did this last year on my '92 LJ78. Any double din will fit. Mine arrived from Japan with an aftermarket single din stereo already so just make sure you get a harness. Anywhere you buy the 2din head unit can help you with the harness.

I highly recommend Alpine. I first spent $350 on a Sony touch screen. Thought it would be nice, but CarPlay, AAuto, and bluetooth were unreliable to the point where I pulled it out and replaced it with an Alpine. Works great. I went a little extra and got a 45w Alpine power pack that mounts to the back of the head unit. Double the power and lower distortion for another $200. Crutchfield has all of this.

Another 👍 for the Alpine ILX-W650. Car Play is the way to go when driving and Bluetooth is nice to have at camp. Also like how it blends in with a 70 series dash.

Thanks a lot for the input guys. I ordered a pioneer AVH-1400NEX before I got the alpine recommendations. Should I cancel and reorder?

Thanks a lot for the input guys. I ordered a pioneer AVH-1400NEX before I got the alpine recommendations. Should I cancel and reorder?

Having went double din, if you want to run apple carplay, you have to be plugged in on that unit and most others. I went with AVH-4500NEX for complete wireless connectivity. For me, it was a no brainer for ease. Cost reflects that unfortunately.

Having went double din, if you want to run apple carplay, you have to be plugged in on that unit and most others. I went with AVH-4500NEX for complete wireless connectivity. For me, it was a no brainer for ease. Cost reflects that unfortunately.
That’s huge for me. I’d rather have full wireless capability so I don’t mind paying a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom