Parting Out KZJ70 left hand drive with 1KZT R151 combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Parting out a KZJ70 that I initially bought to mount a FJ40 body on but that project stranded so this one gets stripped for parts . 1KZT with mecanical IP in it that sounds healthy and no blowby, R151 trans that shifts smoothly in my short test drive trough the pasture . Body is not only crusty but shows many dodgy previous rust fixes so the shell itself is for the scrap pile . Cool factor about this one is that it has front and rear disc brakes which is not that common for these . I also have many other 70/71/73/74/75 parts from other lhd 70 series so post up if your looking for something

kzj70.jpg
kzj702.jpg
kzj704.jpg
kzj706.jpg

kzj701.jpg
kzj703.jpg
kzj705.jpg
kzj707.jpg

Joe I can use the tag lamp assembly if the metal parts (brackets, bulb sockets, etc) inside are good. Thanks
They are all rusted out , better order new oem toyota

Is there a reason you don't want to sell complete? I've been looking for a shorty for a long time.

Is there a reason you don't want to sell complete? I've been looking for a shorty for a long time.
Body is to far gone because of PO's botched previous attempts to stop the rust , I would not wish that on my worst enemy . I have been doing rust repairs on Cruisers for a long long time now and know when to call it quits . Plenty of good candidates for sale in Europe if you want one . This one has about 5 gallons of bondo smeared over the rust long time ago so it has gotten in all the places you don't want it to be . If you can your hands on a new body shell it would be no big deal but then it would be cost prohibitive and you are still better off spending 20k on one with a clean body to start from .

Body is to far gone because of PO's botched previous attempts to stop the rust , I would not wish that on my worst enemy . I have been doing rust repairs on Cruisers for a long long time now and know when to call it quits . Plenty of good candidates for sale in Europe if you want one . This one has about 5 gallons of bondo smeared over the rust long time ago so it has gotten in all the places you don't want it to be . If you can your hands on a new body shell it would be no big deal but then it would be cost prohibitive and you are still better off spending 20k on one with a clean body to start from .
Thank you Joe. That is honorable.

Shorties are not common here in the the UAE but I am told they can be found in KSA. I still have some time in the Middle East to look. I am quite partial to diesels--and unless I am mistaken it is possible to fit a full sized 1HZ in there.

Thank you Joe. That is honorable.

Shorties are not common here in the the UAE but I am told they can be found in KSA. I still have some time in the Middle East to look. I am quite partial to diesels--and unless I am mistaken it is possible to fit a full sized 1HZ in there.
The 1KZT is actually more peppy then a 1HZ and the coils all around makes it way nicer to drive daily . South of France and Spain are the best places to look for a shorty

I am looking for the following if you got it on this truck.

Windshield wiper reservoir if it is in good shape.
Fusible link
Rubber hose from air cleaner to turbo.
Suspension seat bases if it has them.
Front locking hubs if it doesn't have E-hubs.
Owners manual

I am assuming accessories are staying with the engine for the time being? If not
Starter
Alternator
Vacuum Pump
Power Steering Pump

Thanks!

I am looking for the following if you got it on this truck.

Windshield wiper reservoir if it is in good shape.
Fusible link
Rubber hose from air cleaner to turbo.
Suspension seat bases if it has them.
Front locking hubs if it doesn't have E-hubs.
Owners manual

I am assuming accessories are staying with the engine for the time being? If not
Starter
Alternator
Vacuum Pump
Power Steering Pump

Thanks!
I have suspension seat bases available from other cruisers , just the bases no seats . I will need to take a look at the wiper reservoir , the rest is not available.

Parts arrived safe and sound. Thanks for getting those out!

I might want the transmission and Tcase.

I might want the transmission and Tcase.
If that is the same R151 as the 2Lt I might have another transmission here . Prefer to keep the 1KZT together with its trans and tcase

Im looking for the front lower plastic of the center console that is for left side parking brake. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom