Koni's -- followup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nmia.com
I checked around and Koni's (stock height) are still available by special order.

front: 8240-1183SPX
rear: 8240-1184SPX

$125 ea. at www.ajusa.com w/free shipping

$118 ea. at TireRack, $25 shipping for a set of 4

4-6 weeks delivery for either source.

Stock Toyota shocks for approx. $25 ea. at numerous on-line discount sources.

Another alternative is Bilstein HD's for approx. $65 ea. from numerous on-line sources.

Now I gotta decide which one to go with.:doh:

I think I would go with Bilstein. Seems like a good price too.
DMX

I would also go w/ bilstein if you like a sportier ride. I'll definitely get those on my prelude SH when the time comes.

I would get either OME or Bilsteins. I've had both, the OME are more of a luxury ride and the Bilsteins are a great sporty ride. Both are head and shoulders better quality then the Koni's.

What is OME? The first few times I saw the acronym, I thought it was OEM. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.

I have had great luck with Koni's in BMW applications, they ride much better than Bilsteins. If you want great shocks that will last the life of the truck, no brainer, get the Bilsteins. I do not like OME shocks, they are known to only last about 40k miles. While OME replaces them without questions, the last thing I want to do is spend the time every few years replacing shocks.

I have had great luck with Koni's in BMW applications, they ride much better than Bilsteins. If you want great shocks that will last the life of the truck, no brainer, get the Bilsteins. I do not like OME shocks, they are known to only last about 40k miles. While OME replaces them without questions, the last thing I want to do is spend the time every few years replacing shocks.

Especially the PS rear shock :crybaby: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom