Kimberley Karavan (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was posted earlier in this thread that Kimberley went into Liquidation and I failed to update their status. One of their dealers bought it and turned it around. They have improved the product even and have sold several in the US and now have a US local rep that is working with US customers, but hasnt been officially announced yet. I know several have already bought Karavans through him

They were planning on coming to Expo west with several units, but COVID canceled that

Excited about getting out this year after the Karavan sat in the garage all 2020. I did get out twice, once rented a house as the whole family came and that was easier and another trip to the maze where I used my Alu-Cab
IMG_0515.jpg

And of Course the 40's only run
DSC03904.JPG

There was one thing that sucked from the factory was the Heater. It used the Hot water system so it was loud at night and also didn't put out a lot of heat. I should have gone with the diesel Heater. I had put a propane heater in my Kimberley Kamper and that worked great and I debated it for quite a while. I settled on the Diesel Espar D2L which is tuned better for high altitudes. High altitude makes other ones work harder creating carbon build up. I almost went with the same Heatsource propane unit until I found this one

Just finished the install and so far it seems to put out a lot more heat in my driveway. Moab at night in two weeks will be better test. I do have to get on the floor to read the controller, mostly due to old eyes
IMG_0659.jpg
IMG_0660.jpg

I also added the stabilizer legs they are putting on new units and really like them. Much easier to level the unit side to side using a power tool

IMG_0661.jpg

Water was from filling the tanks and checking everything out to make sure it is all working fine. Hot showers are a nice thing when you gone for 5 days :)

Unfortunately I wont be wheeling it this trip, just making a central camp as part of Cruise Moab

I was posting in another thread and figured I need to do an update. First the Heater worked awesome throughout the last two years. On one trip, I was at a very remote spot where it got down just below freezing for a couple of nights and I was nice and toasty

I replaced the Tregg Hitch on my Karavan as I feel the trailer is too heavy for it. It can tow well with no issues, but I had an experience were it bound and I had to use a hammer to get the pin out. I did some research and compared the Mchitch, D035 and thee Hitch-Ezy

McHitch Trailer Couplings - https://www.mchitch.com.au/

Cruisemaster DO35 V3 PLUS - https://sloopimports.com/products/cruisemaster-do35

Hitch-Ezy | Tow Couplings | Caravan 4WD Towing - https://www.hitch-ezy.com.au/

I went with the Hitch-Ezy even though there is no US distributor and it was twice as much. It is beefy and real easy to connect. Rather than having to get it aligned perfectly for the TREGG, if it is anywhere under the cup is will work, watch the video on their web site. Super easy to connect and disconnect
1668798907139.png

1668798925600.png

There were questions in other threads about how insulated it was. The tanks have membrane heaters and the piping is well insulated

1668799096273.png

1668799148499.png

I camped near lake Dillon, Moab, Near Mt Evans and finally in a very remote spot to do the Triple Bypass Run of 3 mountain passes. Dorchester Campground is a very remote campground an hour from civilization where you only go there to hunt or off road

I do like it when camping with other Kimberley's :)
20220725_141611.jpg
20220715_175519.jpg
20220426_063326.jpg
20220427_132728.jpg
20220909_160503.jpg

I have had this Karavan for 7 years now and still very happy with it. Since it is now parked in a detached garage rather than the insulated attached one, I blow the water lines out with Compressed air and remove the batteries for the winter

20220911_065725.jpg
20220425_080524.jpg

I need to do more expo wheeling. Last few years all I have done is base camped with others while we go offroad multiple trails
Ken Taylor.jpg
IMG_1542.jpeg
387E43A3-4937-4A78-B851-DC42F2EAEA08.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom