Killer new winch bumper getting fabbed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So some of you have seen the gorgeous new sliders that belong to troyintahoe ...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/215774-found-new-source-badass-wagon-sliders.html

Looks to be a great option, made by these guys, out of S. Lake Tahoe (I think they know a thing or three about building stout for the rubicon, after seeing the mini-truggy they have out front, and the full-exo trucks they have on the lot :D)...

Blazenoffroad 4x4 Parts, Accessories, and Custom Metal Fabrication

I've seen their welds firsthand; everything is super clean, so I'm getting a front winch bumper fabbed up by them as we speak. Dropped it off, it's in the capable hands of Mike and Jesse, and he's working on a prototype for me, based off of this bumper:

HDwinchbump.jpg

I think it's a steal at $750.

I helped them load one of these onto a truck to be shipped out when I was over there - VERY stout. Thick plate, solid shackle mounts, wraparound corner protection, light tabs wherever you want. They're stoked about getting a working prototype if mudders are interested enough after I get mine back... I told them all we have to work with are ARB, Man-A-Fre, and homebrew, and that the 60's were feeling pretty left out, not a ton of custom-fab-type places that would work with us. I'm planning on getting tube doors, sliders, and possibly a rear bumper going from them over the next year, as funds permit.. :D Stay tuned, as I'll post pics up of the progress over the next week.

Last edited:
:flipoff2: Bumper is ON! :flipoff2:

Here's some pics... this thing is friggin' impressive. Definitely noticed people hurrying out of the way when I was driving through town... People finally pull over when I'm behind them going down the mountain passes...

Here's a shot up in Tahoe...
P5010499.jpg

Back at home... Thing looks like a battering ram!
P5020504.jpg

Wraparound follows the contours of the truck nicely... check out that approach angle, and the beefy shackle tabs...
P5020501.jpg

Closeup of the welds on the nicely done-up wraparound... mounting bolts are 8x Grade 8...
P5020502.jpg

Here's the beefy shackle tabs, along with equally beefy U.S.-made shackles...
P5020506.jpg

A nice head-on shot. Wouldn't really want to be rear-ended by this thing. I also kinda like how you can still see the 'TOYOTA' emblem.
P5020503.jpg

Another side shot. The plate actually makes for a great step to use when you're working on the mill - should make work under the hood MUCH easier. Also, there is plenty of clearance for the headlight washers, and they're nicely protected by some HREW! :D
P5020507.jpg

Now go to their website and pick one up! Screw man-its-not-free! :D

that thing is awesome looking. I'd get the hell outta your way too if you were behind me going down a steep grade. All it takes is a little bit of loose gravel on a windy road and you end up ass over tea kettle.

I know. I thought I got a steal, for sure! :D I'm so damned happy with it. Everyone at work (a restaurant/bar) loved it - and they're not even car guys. :D

btw is't not on their web site yet....:frown:

I am looking into getting a winch bumper and this looks very nice and at the same time a good price!!

:flipoff2: Bumper is ON! :flipoff2:

Here's some pics... this thing is friggin' impressive. Definitely noticed people hurrying out of the way when I was driving through town... People finally pull over when I'm behind them going down the mountain passes...

Here's a shot up in Tahoe...
P5010499.jpg

Back at home... Thing looks like a battering ram!
P5020504.jpg

Wraparound follows the contours of the truck nicely... check out that approach angle, and the beefy shackle tabs...
P5020501.jpg

Closeup of the welds on the nicely done-up wraparound... mounting bolts are 8x Grade 8...
P5020502.jpg

Here's the beefy shackle tabs, along with equally beefy U.S.-made shackles...
P5020506.jpg

A nice head-on shot. Wouldn't really want to be rear-ended by this thing. I also kinda like how you can still see the 'TOYOTA' emblem.
P5020503.jpg

Another side shot. The plate actually makes for a great step to use when you're working on the mill - should make work under the hood MUCH easier. Also, there is plenty of clearance for the headlight washers, and they're nicely protected by some HREW! :D
P5020507.jpg

Now go to their website and pick one up! Screw man-its-not-free! :D

I LOVE THIS BUMPER!! The hoops remind me a bit of marlin's design, but I like this one much better.

So you're telling me that this massive thing cost you $750? Does this manufacturer ship?

Last edited:
I LOVE THIS BUMPER!! The hoops remind me a bit of marlin's design, but I like this one much better.

So you're telling me that this massive thing cost you $750? Does this manufacturer ship?

Yeah, they ship! Standard freight stuff, but they do ship. :D

btw is't not on their web site yet....:frown:

I am looking into getting a winch bumper and this looks very nice and at the same time a good price!!

Just give them a call... They took pics of my rig for the website, but I think they're fabricators first, and web managers second. I'm sure it'll get put up there soon. :D

Bump for mud, because it looks good even with mud on it, and for pics of Cruzila's newly-installed, super-cool bezel fairlead. :D

P5120508.jpg

P5120509.jpg

Looks much better dirty!
When you get the winch in there, could you measure or post a pic of the valance clearance?

Granite , I missed that website?

I have no need for a hawse fairlead, but I gotta buy one of those just for collector's value! Super sweet! ;) Who's making 'em?

Granite stopped by my house to show it to me...
It is STUPID BEEF! the whole thing is 1/4 in plate and I bruised just looking at it!
I cant believe they let that go for 750.00!
Better jump on that if youre in the market, cuz it wont be long till they realize what theyve done and RAISE the price!

Granites got the "CRUISER BUG" bad!!!!

Chicago

matching rr bumper

hey granite,

peeps better get outta your way!!! cuz they'd be stupid if they didn't...

anyways, I gotta couple of ?s...1) is the bumper painted blk or powder-coated? 2) have you thought about a matching rr bumper? that would be sick if the front somewhat matched the rear, and 3) was the bumper bolt-on ready or does need it need extra fabricating?

:beer:
jz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom