Kill Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How many folks are using one?

I tied into the park/neutral safety switch ground. Seems like it wants to start... but wont... hehehe.

Thats a great idea, now don't tell too many people. :D

I'll have to look at my 3b wiring to see what I want to do. The nicer the truck gets I need to consider it more. For now I will leave my dog in the car. With a window open slightly of course.

Did you manage to get a good hidden place for the switch? My dad used to have a good one in his vette. Crank for ever but no start.

The park/neurtal switch block keeps the started from firing. Turn the key, everything comes on, engage the ignition and ... click, click. It'll help with the joy riders and amatures anyway. I immagine these trucks are not big targets anyhow... too unique... probably just more fun for me, as Im running outta things to tinker with!

we had one on our HJ60 but it was on the

In the late 80’s in Panama cars were getting ripped off left and right.
Especially land cruisers. Rumor had it that high ranking police officers and politicians would send their thugs out to get them a sweet ride= Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol, Mercedes.
Anyway we had a switch to the fuel cut-off solenoid, if you flipped the switch the fuel solenoid could not turn on and the engine could not get fuel, but would crank. Also if the car was running you could flip the switch and pull out the key and the solenoid would not turn the car off.
It was cool for opening the rear hatch or running in the gas station to pay while your car was locked but idling.

Howdy,

For a 3B/2H you can tie into the EDIC motor power. For a 13Bt/12Ht you can tie into the VSV power for effective kill. Hide the switch in a creative spot, or put 2 in spaced apart just to really make things confusing. Nice thing is that you/others can hear it crank over (and they make a racket) but they wont start.

Johnny
89BJ74

Would like to revive this post: which of the EDIC wires should I tap into? Thanks

I use the low oil pressure switch with a wire to dash, because it starts and after 5 seconds shuts down by edic, then the thief is in mid road getting attention, happened a few times when I drove away and forgot, brakes and power steering shuts down too so it is a nice package of total confusion.
That wire comes from the edic but I just feed it trough the firewall from the oil switch, black/yellow at the switch but passes a connector so I dont know if it is the same color at the edic.

I use the low oil pressure switch

yep, fool the EDIC by letting it believe the low oil presure switch is ground so it act like there is no pressur so it shut down the engine. Manage that with a 3 ways switch hiden somewhere.

Last edited:
I use the low oil pressure switch with a wire to dash, because it starts and after 5 seconds shuts down by edic, then the thief is in mid road getting attention, happened a few times when I drove away and forgot, brakes and power steering shuts down too so it is a nice package of total confusion.
That wire comes from the edic but I just feed it trough the firewall from the oil switch, black/yellow at the switch but passes a connector so I dont know if it is the same color at the edic.
Thanks, do you think a read switch mounted behind the steel dash of my HJ47 would work? Would the magnet that I use to actuate the switch be strong enough (I could need one of those stronger molybdenum ones maybe?). I'm a bit concerned that the steel dash will throw off the magnetic field

I think it would work as those switches were also used to rig telephone boot in the Netherlands and that cover was also pretty thick steel.
(cut transparent wire to stop the pulse/ticker count, so free calling)
Just a normal 3 way switch or two in series works to, any thief would just cut it all out, so it is only a time delay.

I think it would work as those switches were also used to rig telephone boot in the Netherlands and that cover was also pretty thick steel.
(cut transparent wire to stop the pulse/ticker count, so free calling)
Just a normal 3 way switch or two in series works to, any thief would just cut it all out, so it is only a time delay.
Of course/natuurlijk, but then the whole idea is to buy time. With the thief struggling to understand why it started but then cuts out, then trying to start again etc I hope that he will not have time to troubleshoot but will just run away! That presumes that the thief does not know these cars and the function of the EDIC system. If he does I am screwed anyway

I'm not familiar with your B motors but I'm looking onto this on my 1HDT and I'm considering installing an interrupt on the fuel shut off solenoid circuit.

I'd love to figure out a way to lock the driveline so it couldn't be towed away, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. lol.

I wired in my turbo timer so it could simply be unplugged under the dash and taken away - no power to fuel cut solenoid. She would crank all day but not a lot of action.
When I left the truck I took the turbo timer with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom