Kick Ass Aries Winch Guard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.damianlillardtoyota.com
3cf0_12.JPG

This thing looks awesome! Anyone know anything about them? I don't need a full brush guard so this looks perfect. Shouldn't add too much weight, works with factory bumper, and bolts right onto the frame. Any reason not to buy this thing?

Ya, what he said. Other than approach angel it looks pretty sweet. I was thinking about making my own winch mount for behind the factory bumper, but I also like the Warn front bumper. But for the price that might be the way to go. Let us know if you come up with anything...

Ya, what he said. Other than approach angel it looks pretty sweet. I was thinking about making my own winch mount for behind the factory bumper, but I also like the Warn front bumper. But for the price that might be the way to go. Let us know if you come up with anything...
not sure if you just want to make one but If you want to buy one check this out, http://www.lucrumind.com/

Hay thanks. That looks like a sweet set up. Now if only I had the money for a winch too. :cheers:

I don't understand the rational of going this direction...putting a winch on, decreasing approach angle and rataining the plastic parts is setting up for an expensive repair. As much as I can appreciate the engineering and quality some may put into making this type of mod, its one which seems completely unecessary.

The advantage of going with an aftermarket bumper is that is improves approach angle, improves wheel clearance, is more durable than stock and is compatible for installing a winch. I've priced out the plastic parts in case I crushed/bumped on on a rock/tree and its more than the aftermarket bumper.

But, to each their own, just know what you are getting yourself into...

The winch mounts that stick out in front of the plastic bumpers are useful if you need a winch and not the approach angle.
For example, I have seen the Santa Monica Police suv's with this type of setup at the beach.

It is also easy to remove, and maybe good for the occaisional user that doesn't want to live with the weight penalty.

The roofrack is a Thule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom