Keys, Keys and More Keys (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSCN7930.JPG

@ToyotaMatt Does the black TOYOTA key work with the FJ40?
@ToyotaMatt Does the black TOYOTA key work with the FJ40?

I have several black top
Keys blanks

Stand by I will post the correct Fj40
Link her e

I just bought a 76FJ40 (not running) Did not come with an ignition or fuel door key. What are my options?

Contact me via a Pm and we can go over ALL your
Practical options. On the table

I have kits single locks and in some case nos 1 offs long ago forgotten

Wet with me we can solve what what ever lock and key blues you have and mike them shine bright again

Contact me via a Pm and we can go over ALL your
Practical options. On the table

I have kits single locks and in some case nos 1 offs long ago forgotten

Wet with me we can solve what what ever lock and key blues you have and mike them shine bright again

Another positive recommendation for ToyotaMatt.

Best parts, knowledge, service and communication.

The driver, passenger, and gas door locksets are constructed in the same fashion. It's quite simple to remove the stainless cover with a dental pick and small flat bladed screwdriver without destroying the cover. At that point, you can take the lock cores and the key you want to use to your locksmith. You've already done the hard work. Now they just need to put the correct wafers in. Putting the locks back together involves some careful work with a small hammer and well dressed flat punch.

If someone ( @ToyotaMatt ) could source a supply of the wafers, and maybe a key decoder to make the process a little less trial and error, rekeying these locks could be done in 10-15 minutes per lock by most reasonably mechanical folks.

Another positive recommendation for ToyotaMatt.

Best parts, knowledge, service and communication.

stop .🛑

well , it feels good .........🤣

Thanks

this how i feel about all my fellow mud members ............
The driver, passenger, and gas door locksets are constructed in the same fashion. It's quite simple to remove the stainless cover with a dental pick and small flat bladed screwdriver without destroying the cover. At that point, you can take the lock cores and the key you want to use to your locksmith. You've already done the hard work. Now they just need to put the correct wafers in. Putting the locks back together involves some careful work with a small hammer and well dressed flat punch.

If someone ( @ToyotaMatt ) could source a supply of the wafers, and maybe a key decoder to make the process a little less trial and error, rekeying these locks could be done in 10-15 minutes per lock by most reasonably mechanical folks.

With all due respect , that's very well .............not the real world of a 60-62 lock and key cylinders

i would lay down my FJ43L-KC title that's says you pry off a stainless steel crimped Toyota land cruiser lock cylinder cap

its trash and no way to pry off and re-use ............

these aew 40-50 years old my friend age and time have taken there toll

as a rule of thumb i NO longer re-code old used locks

that takes 2-3 hours you forgot the whole sonic clean and soda blast steps

i only use new oem locks now

at best i can rush and dont carte and maybe 1hour -1.33 hours best ............

thats the real world and stand behind my statements above

so caring and taking ones time to do the job by the FSM , 1.5-2.0 hours per lock .....w/ all new caps pressed on with MY T-TEN SST

Trade craft ......... :beer:

i would lay down my FJ43L-KC title that's says you pry off a stainless steel crimped Toyota land cruiser lock cylinder cap

its trash and no way to pry off and re-use ............
I just did this two weekends ago on the driver's side lock on my 40. It's not only possible, it's easy. If you really want to put your 43 on it, I'll pull the passenger lock tonight and disassemble and reassemble it on camera.

I just did this two weekends ago on the driver's side lock on my 40. It's not only possible, it's easy. If you really want to put your 43 on it, I'll pull the passenger lock tonight and disassemble and reassemble it on camera.

bring it on !

i would love to see the back side of the face cap , and how it now has razor sharp tips that scratch paint ....

finesses is simply finesse.............

DSCN4497.JPG
DSCN4498.JPG
DSCN4499.JPG
DSCN4500.JPG
DSCN4496.JPG

bring it on !

i would love to see the back side of the face cap , and how it now has razor sharp tips that scratch paint ....

finesses is simply finesse.............
I mean it would if you took absolutely no care at all in redoing the crimp, but that's simply attention to detail. You'll also note, as is shown in the photos you posted, Toyota put a piece of gasket material between the back of the lock and the paint. The factory crimp is not perfectly flat and would cause damage to the paint without that gasket. The inconsistencies of that factory crimp are why it's so easy to lift the crimp with a dental pick.

Toyota installed a this piece of clear plastic less this then a playing card @ plant A-11 in the 1980's

folks like me got creative and found a japan Toyota car that has a cold climate spec rubber thick gasket to supstitute it with

this is a new oem lock see what i referee to

Toyota , and OTC and Curtice all 3 joined forced in late 1970's and dreamed a hand press to re-apply as NEW updated cap better then factory \

a press on if u will

you receive one when you graduate TOYOTA lock and key training and get your certification as a state vehicle lock smith

DSCN6431.JPG
DSCN6432.JPG

Last edited:
Anyone had any luck with reducing the number of keys on your rig? Driver, passenger, gas door, ignition, rear door..... At one point, there was an in depth thread on the Forum regarding this topic. Hoping someone has had some recent success. Currently my rig is a 78' FJ40.

to answer the original question , here by the book correct look no further , the NEW 5pc total vehical LOCK SET , 1/75-12/78
Flip Down fuel door style

1 3pc same code master keys

1 small single sided ambulance door key

2 keys on ring , NO issues for years to come

simple eazy peezy install ...

NLA / / DISC part # 69005-69086

excerpt here at this link , exclusive 100% Toyota genuine parts sets are available

1612481935841.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom