Key Hack for a 99 in CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.grimmperformance.com
I am about at my wits end! I was sold a 99 with only one valet key. I got the dealer, Jeep, to pay for my part of the Toyota key swap program, but now the Toyota Dealer is telling me they have to have my LC for 3-4 days to get it done! Supposedly, they can't order the correct ECM without removing it from the truck first. They will not put it back in and let me drive around until the new one arrives. Is this a load of crap, or are they telling me straight? If you have the VIN, shouldn't you be able to figure out which ECM goes in the thing?

I have heard that there is a locksmith in Denver that can hack the ECM and program a new master. Anybody know if this is true and if there are any consequeces? Thanks.

I am about at my wits end! I was sold a 99 with only one valet key. I got the dealer, Jeep, to pay for my part of the Toyota key swap program, but now the Toyota Dealer is telling me they have to have my LC for 3-4 days to get it done! Supposedly, they can't order the correct ECM without removing it from the truck first. They will not put it back in and let me drive around until the new one arrives. Is this a load of crap, or are they telling me straight? If you have the VIN, shouldn't you be able to figure out which ECM goes in the thing?

I have heard that there is a locksmith in Denver that can hack the ECM and program a new master. Anybody know if this is true and if there are any consequeces? Thanks.

Do you have the key code that came on a small piece of metal?

I don't have anything. I have the valet key only and it doesn't have that tag on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom