Keep the LX450 or LX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decided to go back to a Toyota Sienna for my wife instead of her LX470 (multiple reasons, just best for our family right now) I am now torn with what vehicle to keep and which one to sell. I love them both, but really can't justify keeping a 1996 LX450 and 2007 LX470. I know in the end it comes down to my personal preference, but I always appreciate the insight people have on this forum. My LX450 has about 192,xxx and my LX 470 has about 168,xxx. So both are relatively low mileage, both are in really great shape. I just finished a project on the LX450 with all new carpet and leather seats and new instrument lights, a long project. I can honestly say I think both are in a position to last for years to come. I wondered if anyone had thoughts on reasons why one would be better to keep versus the other if you were looking at the merits of parts availability and longevity and to a lesser extent (but still valid) which one can get me the best price when I sell it. I do not off-road or mud with either and really have no interest to. I just love land cruisers. Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

IMG_1522.jpeg

IMG_1527.jpeg

IMG_1525.jpeg

IMG_1524.jpeg

IMG_1520.jpeg

You might find this Help Pricing/Random Offer on 80-series? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/help-pricing-random-offer-on-80-series.1225635/page-5#post-13636007 thread helpful. I don't know which model commands the most right now, but If you want to decide mostly based on the value from a dollar point of view, you may consider selling the lx450. Personally spent the evening working on a 100 series and i personally drive an lx450. I enjoy driving the lx450, i could care less about the 100 series. I do all of the work on both but i only like one of them. keeping the 80 might mean the value keeps climbing or it may go back down, you don't know. I hope it helps you add value information for consideration.

I have one of each as well (97 & 02). If I had to, I’d lose the 470 before the 450. No question, no hesitation. Just my $0.02

I have a 97 and an 07 LC. For camping and offroading, I'd keep the 80 for sure. However, since you don't offroad, I'd probably lean towards keeping the LX470 - more comfort, more power, better for towing, and a decade newer, so easier to get parts. For looks and coolness, you can't beat the '80 though!
I don't plan to get rid of either one of mine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom