KDSS gurus, I believe I'm a rare failure case (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PLEASE break down how to build one if possible. Much of it is obvious but things like the type of quick disconnect fittings used would save others a ton of leg work.

Yeah, I will do a write up with all the parts once I confirm everything is functioning properly.

As for the o-rings, I figured as I'm going through the bleeding procedure I should see if the o-ring fails via pressure if the screw starts weeping. I am still unsure how I lost pressure so thats why I thought it would be beneficial to have a tool to troubleshoot. Finished the front wheel bearings today and finishing up the rears tomorrow so I should get to the KDSS by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Pressure seems to be holding and haven't located any leaks yet. Will update everyone when I finish the bleed procedure.
20220813_145501.jpg

Update, I am still alive and after a quick test drive it seems everything is working as it should. The bleeding process is quite a pain in the ass, but initial results are positive. I'm going to pull the truck in tomorrow for a thorough inspection to make sure I'm not leaking anywhere. I didn't see anything leaking prior to the test drive, but I'll confirm tomorrow. The pump worked perfectly, and my wonderful and very patient wife was my pump operator while I bled. She wasn't happy when I asked for her help bleeding the system as she thought it involved pumping brakes, but happy as a clam when I showed her the pump. 🤣 Again, I'll do a full writeup soon on what is needed to build one, or now that I have one I can probably just lend it out to mud members. 😉

Update, I am still alive and after a quick test drive it seems everything is working as it should. The bleeding process is quite a pain in the ass, but initial results are positive. I'm going to pull the truck in tomorrow for a thorough inspection to make sure I'm not leaking anywhere. I didn't see anything leaking prior to the test drive, but I'll confirm tomorrow. The pump worked perfectly, and my wonderful and very patient wife was my pump operator while I bled. She wasn't happy when I asked for her help bleeding the system as she thought it involved pumping brakes, but happy as a clam when I showed her the pump. 🤣 Again, I'll do a full writeup soon on what is needed to build one, or now that I have one I can probably just lend it out to mud members. 😉
Great news..

What did you end up using for the oring?

Great news..

What did you end up using for the oring?

I ended up using standard off the shelf o-rings from a large pack of automotive rings I purchased. The first one I tried leaked like a sieve when I added pressure so I went down a size and put 2 on since the OD of the ring was smaller. 2 of them filled the slot in the valve perfectly so I figured I had nothing to lose. They held 1000psi through the bleeding procedure with not a single drop coming out. I feel that it will be fine with the valves closed, but time will tell I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom