just test drove a 1999 LX470 with 80k, fell in love

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by 500hp GTO, Jul 26, 2005.

1. 500hp GTO

500hp GTO

well I had a bad experiance with a 01 TLC with 60k miles on it)another thread), i went to drive a 99 LX with 80k on it. I thought well this will be a waste.

I fell in love with the car, it was perfect on the inside, ran betterm and had a more comfy suspension setup.

now I will be getting a LX for sure, hopefully I can talk this guy down from his 25k asking price

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    for an 01 with those miles the price seems OK to me..............sure cheaper is better ;)

3. rule303

rule303

Sounds a tad high. See if he'll take $23k. You'll have a timing belt job coming up soon.

4. 500hp GTO

500hp GTO

are there any resources that tell me exactly what maintainance i need to expect at what miles, and how much they usually cost?

5. tabraha

tabraha Hello My Name is: TAD SILVER Star

There is a 90k service that has the main item of timing belt replacement, and some replace the water pump at that time as a preventative measure.

This thread has some waterpump discussion that may be helpful in decision making. There is some off-topic arguing in it but look past those posts for the good information. :doh:

So far I'm at around 120,000 on my original and no problems. I fully expect it to last till my next timing belt change at 180,000 miles.

Here is another thread that as far as I know is the highest mileage 100 on the board; at over 197,000 miles. The original t-belt and water pump were still on it. Don't try that with the t-belt but it is interesting nonetheless. His water pump was fine as well.

I think you should get a quote for the 90k service at your local dealer and ask for that to be deducted from the price. That seems like a fair deal to me. Don't let it be a dealbreaker though if you REALLY like the vehicle in IMO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.