Just Impulse Bought a LJ78 and Need Some Advice (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not if you live in cold climates. Evans will gel at below certain temps. I believe on the Evans web site it states what temp limit is. I had to remove it because of this, my first hints of this problem was when my Espar coolant heater wasn’t working anymore when parked outside for extended periods of time but would work in the garage just fine.
So for 70 series just a water based coolant with the additive?

So for 70 series just a water based coolant with the additive?
Hello,

OEM coolant, without dilution, works very well.

LJ78s respond well to Evans' coolant because of the 2L-TE engine's particular characteristics, including its tendency to overheat.

Unless you live in an arctic/subarctic climate, coolant gelling (and diesel gelling, but that is another story) is not a concern. A number of LJ78 users in Canada changed to Evans' coolant and are happy with it.

Juan

Hello,

OEM coolant, without dilution, works very well.

LJ78s respond well to Evans' coolant because of the 2L-TE engine's particular characteristics, including its tendency to overheat.

Unless you live in an arctic/subarctic climate, coolant gelling (and diesel gelling, but that is another story) is not a concern. A number of LJ78 users in Canada changed to Evans' coolant and are happy with it.

Juan
I agree, just telling the questioner to be aware of the gell temp of Evans. I had to call Evans about it when I was having my problems and they told me what the bottom limit was but I can't remember anymore.

says -40f (and -40c as thats where the two scales converge) on the bottle :meh:

i just was holding the bottle an hour ago at the store considering switching to it
thats what it said, but in anchorage it prob gets colder than that

not necessarily just for 70 series, something like
wet wetter (?) I would think would work fine but got no experience since I don't use anything other than straight coolant.
Yeah, I’ve got plain red Toyota coolant in there but these summers/winters in the New York area are getting too extreme temperatures these past few years.

For peace of mind I would recommend something along this line. (and yes I realize the photos are lousy). Each gauge has multiple features. I’ve got oil pressure and digital water temp combined (caution features are also programmable .... in this case the gauge turns red to warn of low oil pressure. Boost and EGT can also be combined. View attachment 2608388View attachment 2608391
Looks clean. Where did you mount this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom