Just checking in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I haven't posted in awhile, so I'm just checking with you guys. I should be home in about a month and I can't wait. I had another offer on a nice Fj62, this was one that the I tried to trade my ATV for a back in Nov. I decided to wait and get my 4Runner going first. I bought my wife a 2003 VW Jetta Wagon with the TDI. So I'll be driving her Nissan Frontier as a DD when I get back but I'll looking to trade it for a full size truck with a diesel. When I get my 4Runner going I'm going to be a wheel fool, I haven't been wheeling in almost 2 years. Here's a few pics from out here in Iraq, I love Unimogs and the one in the pic is a beast, Got my Green Belt in the MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program), and got to drink 2 beer with my best friend (my M16 and 60 5.56 rounds).
17 Sept 08 OIF 003.jpg
IMG_3993.jpg
Nez 2nd Beer Day.jpg

You're welcome and thanks for the support, could be home in less then a month. Can't wait!
Laser JDAM.jpg
Harrier and F18 refuel.jpg
VMFA-122 HAS.jpg

look forward to meeting you......gotta love martial arts. I have taken a couple different disciplines to the upper levels and every accomplishment is worthy of mention and congratulations.

Good on you Marine!

We can get you set up with a new rig when you return and are able to see them in person....and get our biased opinions even if they are not wanted. :D

God Bless

We wait for your return and wheeling with high anticipation. We give our regards and thanks for your service to all, and we pray for your safe sane and healthy return. See you soon. :)

Thanks guys, I'm going to try and get my 4Runner back up and running shortly after I return.

IndianDoc, Why did you move to Sumter?

That's funny, I'm guessing that only reason one would have to move to Sumter is by force. So it's either job or military related.

I like the mog's to. There was one just like the one with the red on it running around Al Asad when I was there. Would have traded in my Up Armored Suburban for it in a heartbeat.

That's the same one. I've driven it and I must say it's bad ass. The guys the own it don't know how to keep it running and this put those 53" tires on it just makes it ride like ass. It'll get up and go, it's a 1991 model with a I6 Turbo Diesel. The green one doesn't run, the guys that owned it never checked the oil and that worked out good for them. It now has a really bad knock so they just use it for parts to go on the red one. The junk yard on Al Asad had a couple that had some battle damage that they have been getting part off of. I'll own a Mog one day!

Thanks guys, I'm going to try and get my 4Runner back up and running shortly after I return.

IndianDoc, Why did you move to Sumter?

Brock revoked my visa in Charleston, son going back to sea in June, His wife may jump back to Mississippi, and a fully stocked auto shop (26 X46)with tools on three acres , Plus that is my duty station so got real tired of the drive when there. .Nuff said. :cheers:

That's cool, So you're in the AirFroce? I went to the base there a few times, when I was in the area. Got a hair cut, gas, and checked out the exchange. My wife's cousin's wife is from Sumter. You would drive from Charleston to Sumter everyday? That had to suck.

That's cool, So you're in the AirFroce? I went to the base there a few times, when I was in the area. Got a hair cut, gas, and checked out the exchange. My wife's cousin's wife is from Sumter. You would drive from Charleston to Sumter everyday? That had to suck.

No not in the air force, I am with United States Dept of Agriculture, duty station at Sumter Chicken Plant. Doc's not just a nick name I am a veterinarian with USDA. And yes the drive got old pretty quick. Luckly as a relief (read travel) lots of the time I was all over the three states under my assignment. Get your happy wheeling butt back here in one piece. All for now. Doc:)

I used to live across the street from that junk yard at Camp Mesa. Would have liked to have pieced something togeather. There is a crazy German guy named Harold at that camp that can fix anything. He's a certified aircraft and tank mechanic and workes on all the up armored suburbans. Best of all he used to drive an FJ 40 back in the motherland. His shop is at the front of the camp. Even got a cool cruisers pin up that he talked me out of when I puched out to head home.

I know where you stayed there. They have armored Land Cruisers now, FJ80's and 100' with ARB bumpers, snorkles, roof ranks, and bullet proof glass with gun port holes. I wish I would bring back alot of the cool stuff in that junk yard.

I really hope to be home in about a week!

Everything is looking good, they told us today that we should be leaving in 5 DAYS! We had to move out of nice rooms and into tents. The tents really suck, there are about 50 Marines in each tent and some don't know to shower. I really hope to leave to F'ing country in 5 days and be back in SC in 7 days. There is a chance that we'll have to stay in Kuwait for a couple of days but atleast it's not Iraq.

Everything is looking good, they told us today that we should be leaving in 5 DAYS! We had to move out of nice rooms and into tents. The tents really suck, there are about 50 Marines in each tent and some don't know to shower. I really hope to leave to F'ing country in 5 days and be back in SC in 7 days. There is a chance that we'll have to stay in Kuwait for a couple of days but atleast it's not Iraq.

Keep your head down now fer sure, good that you are heading home. Looking forward to meeting you soon. Doc:cheers::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom