Jumping Jack Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks legit. I'm interested in more info as well.

One of my friends owns one and another one of my friends previously owned one. I have first hand experience helping them pack, put it up, take it down, and partially disassembling it to be used as a utility trailer and for repairing the canvas. I think overall they both liked the trailer well enough. Quality was a bit of an issue for both of them though. Welds breaking on the water jug holder and sink attachment. They both had issues with almost all of the zippers as they were small tooth cheap plastic. Both had to completely replace the door zipper. The canvas eventually wears through at the top corners where the frame touches but it can be patched. They bought these trailers 8 or so years ago so these issues may have been addressed by now. They also both had complaints about how expensive the accessories were.

As far as actually using it I think it was a great little trailer. We pulled them down some trails that most people would be hesitant to take a regular 4WD vehicle down. Set up and take down is easy especially with two people. Nothing can really be left inside except for maybe a bedroll and a couple of pillows when the trailer is down. There is plenty of storage on top and lots of places to hook a ratchet strap.

Anything else you want to know just ask.

Any pics, Mr. Mc?

One of my friends owns one and another one of my friends previously owned one. I have first hand experience helping them pack, put it up, take it down, and partially disassembling it to be used as a utility trailer and for repairing the canvas. I think overall they both liked the trailer well enough. Quality was a bit of an issue for both of them though. Welds breaking on the water jug holder and sink attachment. They both had issues with almost all of the zippers as they were small tooth cheap plastic. Both had to completely replace the door zipper. The canvas eventually wears through at the top corners where the frame touches but it can be patched. They bought these trailers 8 or so years ago so these issues may have been addressed by now. They also both had complaints about how expensive the accessories were.

As far as actually using it I think it was a great little trailer. We pulled them down some trails that most people would be hesitant to take a regular 4WD vehicle down. Set up and take down is easy especially with two people. Nothing can really be left inside except for maybe a bedroll and a couple of pillows when the trailer is down. There is plenty of storage on top and lots of places to hook a ratchet strap.

Anything else you want to know just ask.
Even getting one to NC may be a hurdle hard to overcome. Looks like it would be shipped....yikes! No vendors on the east coast.
Looks legit. I'm interested in more info as well.
go here> Tent Trailers | Jumping Jack Trailers

IMG_20191025_162740.jpg

Best I could do for now.

Do you have Sportsman's Warehouse in NC. Out here they are a dealer. You may be able to get free store to store shipping.

I'll see what I can get from my friend. Anything specific you'd like to see?
I just checked. We do have Sportsman Warehouses in NC. 2 locations about an hour and a half to either one. Just so happens I am going to Wilmington tomorrow where one is located. Thanks.

Do you have Sportsman's Warehouse in NC. Out here they are a dealer. You may be able to get free store to store shipping.

I'll see what I can get from my friend. Anything specific you'd like to see?
I like seeing stuff in actual use, like the pic you posted above. Thanks!

I just picked mine up today, 6x8 blackout. Excited to finally own one, we first saw these back when sportsmans had one displayed about 8 years ago.

the concept is interesting, but suffers from one shortcoming for my uses at least, and that is that whereas you can use the top of the trailer to carry your gear, you have to remove it (looks like) to open the tent. I suppose if you have only a few big storage boxes that may not be too bad if they are not overly heavy, but it would still be some work if you're alone. Not having a 4 wheel vehicle to put on the trailer like in the vid above, I would prefer having a trailer bed for semi-permanent gear storage and the tent on top of that on a platform or struts, so no need to move all my stuff twice a day.

I have two local buds who own this trailer and they each have families of four. They seem to like the simplicity of it and how easy they're to tow. They're light enough to be able to be lifted with few guys when we were doing a technical trail. They seem to be built well and should take some abuse. One of the family dad managed to haul too much firewood and bend the C channel that connects the Torqflex (my guess, don't know exactly) suspension to the chassis. He replaced this C channel with square tubing and gave the trailer a 2" lift.

The second dad built a securing system using flat bar stock and padlocks to carry/lock plastic totes on top for camping trips. I thought it was a brilliant solution. Unfortunately, he sold his trailer due to the width. It took up valuable garage space and the family moved back to a ground tent.

I have a 2018 4x6 Blackout. It's light...about 900 lbs. It tows well and 4wheels even better. 32" tires and 19" of ground clearance. It goes anywhere the land cruiser does. It has sustained 50+ mph winds and up to 6" of snow no problem. It's bare bones, but it beats the s*** out of sleeping on the ground 75 nights per year at the mining claims.

I have yet to find a camper this size, with this off road capability, that isn't some sort of travel trailer with a RTT attached to it.

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

I have a 2018 4x6 Blackout. It's light...about 900 lbs. It tows well and 4wheels even better. 32" tires and 19" of ground clearance. It goes anywhere the land cruiser does. It has sustained 50+ mph winds and up to 6" of snow no problem. It's bare bones, but it beats the s*** out of sleeping on the ground 75 nights per year at the mining claims.

I have yet to find a camper this size, with this off road capability, that isn't some sort of travel trailer with a RTT attached to it.

View attachment 2903931

View attachment 2903932
Looks really nice! I'll show this to uncle tomorrow when I help him install the suspension from 4Wheelonline onto his truck. He might like it.

I spent a few nights in a friends jumping jack. It was awesome. I would rather have one of these than a camper/rv.

They seem like a really well made offroad utility trailer with a built in canvas springbar type tent. I wouldn't hesitate to own one of I was looking for a travel trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom