July Official 406 Cruisers Meeting- Solar/Dual Battery systems and 80 series! At Bridger Bowl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Summer is finally here. We hope you've been getting your Toyota out and about on all the awesome trails in Montana. Our July meeting is fast approaching... so gas up the Cruiser and toss a camp chair in the back and come on out.

This month we are going to cover solar systems and dual battery setups. Our very own @MontanaLax is going to show off his... uhh... umm... ambulance/camper with a sweet solar setup. This setup is top shelf and will cover all the basics for our vehicle based energy needs. We are going to show off a few home brew Toyota dual battery setups as well. As we add fridges, lights, chargers and other power hungry accessories additional power makes sense. Come and see some great setups and get ideas for future projects.

We will also be showcasing 80 series rigs. So if you have any 80/LX470/8X series come on out and show it off! We thought we'd give the 80 series owners a bit of homework... come ready to share:
  • 80 series highlights... what makes them awesome? Lockers, coils, solid axles ect.
  • Your favorite 3 mods.
  • The first 3 mods you'd recommend for a new 80 owner
  • Things to watch out for when buying an 80
  • The best years to look for
  • Why you chose the 80 series over other models.
Where: We are going to meet up at Bridger Bowl Ski area parking lot (Where the Club Cookout was last fall). Here is a link with a map. Look for us in the parking lot, we should be easy to spot. I'd suggest bringing a camp chair to sit on, we are meeting in an empty parking lot.

When: 7pm Tuesday July 12th

Who: Toyota Enthusiasts! All are welcome... especially YOU!

Why: To discuss official business of the 406 Cruiser Club. We will cover the following plus any other club business that is brought up:
  • August Trail Ride options since the floods have mixed things up.
  • 40's only run details
  • Solar Setups
  • Dual Battery Setups
  • 80 series
  • Discuss the annual Cookout for members
  • Any other new business
We'd love to see you. Should be nice time of year to be outside and enjoy the beautiful scenery Montana gives us. Gas up that Cruiser and come enjoy the night with us.

Drew,
I really hate homework but I 💕 my 80. See you there!

Looking forward to it! Happy to show my home grown dual battery system if needed.

A few of my friends from Denver may be in attendance as they're here for their kids orientation at MSU.

Matt Farr has lead the Cruise Moab event for years.

His awesome wife Karie Farr runs the TLCA Website and Members services... they are both Cruiser Heads!

If they come they are going to try to bring some extra TLCA swag to give away.

i'm thinking of driving the long way back through flathead pass after the meeting if anyone wants to join and do SOME INSANE OFFROADING

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom