JTX Lighting/Aussy Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I couldn't find a post addressing this, so thought I'd start a thread. I recently purchased these 4x6" LEDs from JTX Lighting. JTX is Australian. The Australian 80 series has headlight housings that look like the following:
1664653575897.png

My HDJ81 has the one-piece construction headlight, so the JTX won't fit. Is anyone aware of a conversion kit to take my headlights from single-to-split design?

Thanks in advance!

I recently purchased these 4x6" LEDs from JTX Lighting
Uh. Those are for the Australian market, with a LHD beam pattern. You'll blind oncoming drivers if you use them in the US.
Is anyone aware of a conversion kit to take my headlights from single-to-split design?
Search for "quad headlights" on this forum. It's an expensive PITA. Personally, I'd much rather have the @kelly saad grille with 7" LED headlights.

Uh. Those are for the Australian market, with a LHD beam pattern. You'll blind oncoming drivers if you use them in the US.

Search for "quad headlights" on this forum. It's an expensive PITA. Personally, I'd much rather have the @kelly saad grille with 7" LED headlights.
My truck is RHD.

After further investigation, my intent is to return the JTX lights and opt for BXBuilt drop-ins, or replace the grill with one LandCruiser Grille's one-piece set-ups + 7" round lights.

Wouldn't lights for the Australian market be designed with a RHD beam pattern?

Australia is LHD. It refers to the side of the road one drives on, not the position of the driver in the car.

Your profile says you're in Texas. If your profile is correct, you need RHD lights, regardless of what your vehicle was configured with when you bought it.

Australia is LHD. It refers to the side of the road one drives on, not the position of the driver in the car.

Your profile says you're in Texas. If your profile is correct, you need RHD lights, regardless of what your vehicle was configured with when you bought it.

No.

LHD is Left Hand Drive and they drive on the RIGHT side of the road.
RHD is Right Hand Drive and drive on the LEFT side of the road.

If he's in TX, he needs headlights for a LHD so they don't blind oncoming drivers.

You are referring to LHT which is Left Hand Traffic. NOT the same as LHD.

@BILT4ME oh sheeit you're right, I completely misread the abbreviations I was looking at!

They're still the wrong headlights for US roads, though.

@BILT4ME oh sheeit you're right, I completely misread the abbreviations I was looking at!

They're still the wrong headlights for US roads, though.
Yep. I think the CruiserGrille’s + 7” LEDs is the best path forward. Thanks gents.

Ive got a grille and the headlight surrounds for free but shipping would be killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom