JDM HZJ73 rear seat belts? Euro roll bar source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I could go to a friend's shop and build a full cage, I just don't want to at this point in time. I have a list of things I want out of the first round of work on the truck, then I want to drive it. I'm coming from having a really nice FJ40 that was eating me alive and sat in my driveway. This thing is a driver first, project second.

Apart from the OE built for specific variants, I don't know that I've ever seen a drop in cage for a 70/73/74 anywhere on earth....ever.

Only a handful that produce for any 7X variant, for that matter.

@joekatana is the best bet for OE. To my knowledge, no other market has the OEs in any abundance outside the European he's wired into.

Don't know what the South American market offers as an OE source. They're there, at least.

@cruiseroutfit has the highest probability of offering something.

Metaltech is kinda like the 4WP for 120s and beyond, primarily marketing to newer platforms, LT trading a hood and welder for a headset and LCD screen some years back.

Being in LA, there are more than a few shops that could produce, but if I were you (and I'm not exaggerating) I'd head north to Stockton with fistfuls of hundreds, take @orangefj45 hostage, forcing disclosure of Metalangelo's secret shop, one with a drawbridge over a shark filled moat, and get a spot in line with the FC, for a product unlike anywhere on earth.

I'd bet cash money @sbechtold's already had his at Don's, so there may be familiarity brewing.

Go full retard.

..... This thing is a driver first, project second.[/QUOTE]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it's cool to have a Cruiser that's capable of scaling Mount Killmanjaro, having one that you can take a relaxing Sunday drive in is equally satisfying. :)

That's the whole point of this excercise, a driver.

..... This thing is a driver first, project second.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it's cool to have a Cruiser that's capable of scaling Mount Killmanjaro, having one that you can take a relaxing Sunday drive in is equally satisfying. :)[/QUOTE]

Found the roll bar. Looking for the seat belts. Dirty, but straight and in good shape.

image.jpg

Found the roll bar. Looking for the seat belts. Dirty, but straight and in good shape.

View attachment 1288608

The crash pads are missing in that photo. Do you have those as well?

Data point. My 1988 JDM 74 has no rear belt mounting provisions and a single center rear latch.

What are the crash pads?

A memory of a distant time, back when Mr. T said,

":flipoff2: litigious, class action assholes. I gots your safety hangin'!"

(Thought I had pics. Will take and post shortly)

You could achieve greater protection by self adhering maxi pads and wrapping in duct tape, so you ain't missing much.

FOR CERTAIN, not worth an expedition for 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom