JDM EGR Issue? Low Rough Idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Gurus,

Vehicle info: 1994 JDM 1FZFE

Chasing what seems to be a relatively common issue, when warm my engine idles low (400-500 ish RPM) and is relatively rough, under the pedal she runs great. Maybe slightly high idle on cold start between 1600-1800 rpm? No CEL.

I have replaced both O2 sensors, the intake piping between VAF and TB, checked major vacuum hoses and "cleaned" the throttle body installed on the truck.

Next things I am looking to try is pull off the TB and give it and the IAC a real cleaning (waiting on a TB gasket to arrive) and I want to rule out/ eliminate the EGR.

My question here pertains to the EGR and is it any different on a JDM model.

Using the thread EGR Temp Sensor Test Plug - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/egr-temp-sensor-test-plug.1050922/page-8 and researching the kit from HuddExpo, a "test kit" looked like the best route to take. However, when looking at my wagon, I have no idea where the temp sensor would be?

It might be hard to see in the pictures but it appear as if where the temp sensor would go on the EGRV itself has already been plugged? Or is this different on a JDM model?

Where should I be looking for the harness that would clip into where that sensor should be?

Thanks in advance.

EGR 2.jpg

EGR 4.jpg

EGR 4_LI.jpg

EGR1.jpg

Maybe I am an idiot and the sensor is under the EGR valve but I just cant see it? I am relatively confident there are no electrical connectors or wires going into the EGR valve??

Anyone know if the above kit will work to fool the sensor?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom