jb weld strong enough to fill hole? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
theres holes on my deck lid where the factory spoiler came and i would like to avoid welding just so i dont have to deal with warping, so would jb weld and some sheet metal be strong enough with bondo on top to smooth it out?

not sure if this helps with your question but i just tried jbwelding a light fixture back on to my ceiling fan.. i let it set for over the recommended time and it fell off after a few days.. could have been because the fixture got to hot and melted the weld.. im not sure - the s*** is hard as a rock and bonded like crazy.. im going to try again because it seemed pretty solid at first

I think if used properly you will be able to use it for your application, I used JB to patch up my radiator when we were camping in the middle of no where. Luckily it happened on our way up there so I let it dry for a full two days before we had to start driving back and when I brought it back into my mechanic he told me to keep driving it bc the spot that I had patched looked better then the rest of the radiator :grinpimp: the thing lasted another 6 months!!

not sure if this helps with your question but i just tried jbwelding a light fixture back on to my ceiling fan.. i let it set for over the recommended time and it fell off after a few days.. could have been because the fixture got to hot and melted the weld.. im not sure - the s*** is hard as a rock and bonded like crazy.. im going to try again because it seemed pretty solid at first

FYI when mixing jb weld or any epoxy for that matter never mix on card board which is a commom mistake. If you mix on carb board it will actually absorb some of the needed chemicals for the product to cure and hold propery. always mix on metal or plastic.

Jb weld will hold just fine. i once broke a tansmission houseing right where the speedo goes in. cleaned up the metal bits and jb welded it back together. truck ran great for years

jb weld will work made a wine rack with it before I hade a welder. used it on a light bar to hold some nuts on (not structural).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom