January Ham course, North Van (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just in case anyone's interested, I see the north shore club is doing a course in January.
6 Saturday mornings then the test.
I might take it just to actually learn all the stuff I guess I only memorized (and subsequently forgot...)

North Shore Amateur Radio Club

left hand side, go to "courses" and pick "basic"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW RULES! Morse code is no longer required. Pass the Basic exam with 80% or better and receive full access to the High Frequency (short-wave) bands.

Click here for information on Morse Code and Code Practice.

The North Shore Amateur Radio Club will be offering the Basic Licensing Course, starting Saturday, January 15 and finishing Saturday, February 26, 2011.

Where: North Shore Emergency Management Office, 147 East 14th Street, North Vancouver, BC V7L 2N4. Map

When: Saturday mornings for 6 weeks followed by the exam held on the seventh Saturday.

Time: 0900 - 1230 for seven Saturday mornings, except first day, 0830 for registration, please.

Registration: Walk-In registration welcome, but pre-registration is recommended as class size is limited.

Tutorial: In the afternoons, from 13:30 to about 15:30 there is a no-charge tutorial offered that will acquaint students with some of the more practical aspects of Ham Radio One of the sessions involves the building and tuning of a VHF antenna for each student to take home. If you wish to build this antenna there is a $20 charge for the materials.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to take this course this winter. North Van, eh? That's a bit of a drive. :(

Keep an eye out for the other clubs too, like Surrey.

Phil from the Turtles was telling me that he got his in Chilliwack on a single weekend course offered by the 7 Day Adventist. Apparently they have a special interest in their church members getting their licenses. I could likely handle one weekend of driving. I think it was the old guy at Greendale Radio (off of Lickman) who put him onto their course.

Keep an eye out for the other clubs too, like Surrey.

Phil from the Turtles was telling me that he got his in Chilliwack on a single weekend course offered by the 7 Day Adventist. Apparently they have a special interest in their church members getting their licenses. I could likely handle one weekend of driving. I think it was the old guy at Greendale Radio (off of Lickman) who put him onto their course.

I would rather have the full course rather than just getting licensed. Driving in to town for a 6th day of the week doesn't really appeal to me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom