Jackery Explorer Portable Power Stations and SolarSaga Solar Panels - Holiday Deals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the jackery 500 in stock? I would like to order one but I can't wait too long for it

There were 148 in stock on Friday morning. We've generated a decent number of sales and there was an Amazon coupon that could be applied to them, so I don't know current inventory counts.

The 240 is currently out of stock and the website shows "Sold out" whereas the 500 has the ability to "Add to Cart" so I think you are good to order.

I'd like to buy a 1000.

I'd like to buy a 1000.

I've got you added to the list. I'm keeping a master list on TW since I can no longer edit the second post of this thread.

I also found an FJ and Tundra forum that I'm going to join so that I can spread the word. I'm also going to post on the Georgia Overland Facebook group and I'll check to see if I'm still a member of the Texas Overland group. I hope that between those 4, we can generate enough interest to get Group Buy pricing activated on the other Jackery Explorer models (240, 300 and 1000). We're also about halfway there on the SolarSaga 100W panels.

A couple of announcements and updates:

1.) Due to low stock, the Amazon promotion on the E500 has stopped. As a result, we also lost the $20 incentive to go through the Group Buy. That means that the Group Buy price on the Explorer 500 unit is back up to $449. That's still a good deal; but again $20 is $20.

2.) I have a new discount code for both the E500 and E1000. Please PM me if you would like to purchase.

3.) As of this morning, there were 10 units remaining on the Explorer 500. I'm guessing most people who were looking before probably picked them up during the recent promotion, so hopefully anyone interested can get one before they sell out.

4.) Also due to the low stock on the E500, Jackery has agreed to open up Group Buy pricing on the E1000!!!! So for those who are still interested, shoot me a PM and I'll get you the code as soon as it is known.

@wlittleman , and @Patassa

Edit: updated points 2 and 3.

Last edited:
Seems as though I cannot edit the OP either.

Is there something that I need to learn about the forum software used on IH8Mud? Can someone tag a mod for me?

I still can't edit the OP :bang:.

We are currently LIVE with Group Buy Pricing on the Explorer 500 and Explorer 1000 models.

We are also temporarily LIVE with Group Buy Pricing on the SolarSaga 100W solar panel until 9/13.

If you are interested in any of the above, please send me a PM. Given the small window on the solar panels, it may be in your best interest to include your email address in your PM as I can respond to emails faster. I am not currently aware of an expiration on the code for the Explorer models.

I do know that stock is low on the Explorer 500 and more are expected at end of September.

Tried messaging you but you're PM box is full.

I still can't edit the OP :bang:.

We are currently LIVE with Group Buy Pricing on the Explorer 500 and Explorer 1000 models.

We are also temporarily LIVE with Group Buy Pricing on the SolarSaga 100W solar panel until 9/13.

If you are interested in any of the above, please send me a PM. Given the small window on the solar panels, it may be in your best interest to include your email address in your PM as I can respond to emails faster. I am not currently aware of an expiration on the code for the Explorer models.

I do know that stock is low on the Explorer 500 and more are expected at end of September.

@ClassyJalopy , Did you not get my email? I sent it on 9/13 at 12:11 pm EDT. Maybe check your junk/spam folders. I was hopeful that you had received one of the last ones before they ran out of stock!

On that note, Jackery is Out of Stock on the Explorer 500 and they expect more toward the end of the month.

@ClassyJalopy , Did you not get my email? I sent it on 9/13 at 12:11 pm EDT. Maybe check your junk/spam folders. I was hopeful that you had received one of the last ones before they ran out of stock!

On that note, Jackery is Out of Stock on the Explorer 500 and they expect more toward the end of the month.
Unfortunately, I didn't get an email :(
Let me PM you here on MUD

Has anyone on MUD who purchased a Jackery received their unit yet? Let's see some action shots!

Explorer 500 is expected back in stock on Saturday and shipping on Monday. They are currently available for order.

We are live with the Explorer 500 and 1000 units.

I've been running a couple of tests with the Jackery Explorer 1000 and SolarSaga 100W panels. Just to give you guys some raw data. I'll put some stuff in bold in case you don't want to read the entire post.

1st charge was done via an AC outlet in my house.
The unit charged from 39% to 100% in 4 hours and 40 minutes.

What I found most interesting in that 4 hours and 4 minutes is that the input showed around 160W up until about 98% (or maybe 99%) and took almost 4 hours exactly. That last 1% dropped down to 1-20W and took another 40 minutes. So you could get to 98% much faster than the remaining 1 or 2%. Good to know if you are in a rush.

1st discharge was running an Iceco JP40 12v fridge on MAX mode and connected via AC power. I've read that there is a 10% loss of efficiency when using AC power because of the pure sine wave inverter. I started at an ambient temp of 77* in the fridge. It took 58 minutes to cool the empty fridge to 32*. At this point, I heard a fan on the Jackery kick on. Not super loud, but louder than I expected. Jackery was at 95% (so 5% consumed to reach freezing). I also opened the lid and added a single Powerade and increased the temp setting to 38* as I didn't want the drink frozen. It was opened again to retrieve the Powerade after my daughters soccer game. In total, it took 21 hours to go from 100% back down to 39%.

2nd charge was done via 2 SolarSaga 100W panels.
The unit charged from 38% to 97% in 6 hours and 30 minutes. I was not home to get a time on the final 100%

I chose to do this on a cloudy day, as I don't think it is reasonable to expect clear blue skies everywhere. When I started, it was 100% cloud coverage with no blue visible anywhere and I was only getting 30W between the 2 panels. After about 30 minutes, I started to see patches of blue, but it was still near 100% cloud coverage. I could tell that the clouds were getting thinner because I was up to 42W input according to the display. At this point, I was up to 41%. Another hour later and I was up to 47% charge and 130W on the input. The sky was turning mostly blue and clear with some big clouds in the area. After 4 hours, I was up to 76%. The last time I checked before it was full was at 6 hours and 30 minutes and it was at 97%. I was hoping to catch the last 2 % so that I could see if it self regulated the input again, but I had to leave the house and missed the final 3%. I think 6.5 hours is pretty good considering the amount of clouds.

I'm in the middle of my second test with the ICECO JP40. The only difference is that the ambient temp was 72* when started (as opposed to 77) and I'm running it on DC power. It is still on MAX mode instead of ECO. Time got away from me and I didn't check it again until 57m. The power cord for the DC plug had come loose and the fridge was not powered on. When I plugged it back in, the display read 32*. So it did reach freezing temps in less time on DC compared to AC. I just don't know exactly when freezing temp was reached. Temp setting increased and the sustained 38* test commenced. Jackery was at 97% capacity, so roughly 3% or less used to reach freezing temp on DC. It took 6 hours and 14 minutes for the Jackery to reach 90%. I checked it at 18 hours and 20 minutes and the Jackery had 72%. Currently at 23 hours and 67% remaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom