Jack has gone to the dark side... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those that don't know, I bought a Jeep. I have been looking on and off every since I sold my 80. I have been keeping my eyes open for the right one and I found it. I was looking for a 2005-2006 Jeep TJ Unlimited Rubicon. Seeing as they only made 12,500 in those two years, finding the right one took a little while. I looked at several that weren't in very good shape, so I kept looking. I found one that was a little more than I wanted to spend and apparently more than everyone else as well, because it was on CL for a couple of weeks. Darcie and I went to look at it anyway.

It was listed as a 2006 with 23k miles, garage kept. It was owned by an older gentleman and he had put a 2" spacer lift and 33x10.50R15 BFG A/T's on it. The tires had 900 miles on them when I bought it. He was the second owner and only put 2500 miles on it in the 3 years he owned it. The original owner used it as a dinghy behind their motor home, so most of the miles were from towing. The inside is pretty much brand new. The original owner put the aftermarket rims, chrome grill cover (to keep the rock chips down), fender flares and seat covers on it. Other than that, it is all original. It really was like a brand new 2006 Jeep. So, I couldn't say no. ;) And no, I didn't pay the asking price. In fact, I got it for several thousand below asking and book value, so I can't complain.

I bought it about two weeks ago, I just haven't had time to write/post up about it. The specs are Rubicon package, which includes: 4 to 1 low range in the transfer case, factory air lockers front and rear in Dana 44's, with 4.10 gears and factory rocker guards. 4.0l inline six, automatic with cruise, tilt, A/C and the hardtop.

Here are some pics.

Those are from a trip Darcie and I did last weekend. We went through Dog Valley, up and over Hennessy pass to the Boca/Stampede area. We worked our way to the west around the lakes until we came to where the Little Truckee River dumps into the lake. We did some minor hiking around before we crossed the river and worked our way out to hwy 89 north of Truckee and south of the Meadow Lake turn off for Fordyce. It had been almost 18 years since I had been up there and it was awesome to do such a scenic easy "trail day." I had never made the river crossing before so that was very cool. There are some great camp spots up there and it would make a great day trip or over-nighter.

Here are a few more pictures:

I didn't get any pictures of the river crossing, but there wasn't any drama this time of the year. And that is why I bought the Jeep, I wanted an easy "day-tripper" type rig and eventually I will get it ready for Rubicon, Fordyce and especially Dusy-Ershim.

Jack

Last edited:
Even though I knew you bought it I thought, when you pulled into the driveway a couple weeks ago, "who in the heck is that pulling into my driveway in a Jeep?"!

Congrats on finding what you were searching for.

Maybe you'll keep this one for a while? ;p

BLASPHEMY!

:eek:

haha, thats a clean looking rig for sure. Glad you got another toy to wheel in. I need to swing by and check it out sometime and drop off your wheels. :doh:

Jack, Congrats on finding what you wanted. Looks nice. -- Kurt

Thank you.

Even though I knew you bought it I thought, when you pulled into the driveway a couple weeks ago, "who in the heck is that pulling into my driveway in a Jeep?"!

Congrats on finding what you were searching for.

Maybe you'll keep this one for a while? ;p

I know, it will take a while for it to sink in, but you have had plenty of practice with putting me with a "new" vehicle.

I think so, I have wanted one for a long time and it is what I was looking for, so I think I may finally be where I want to be with vehicles. (Famous last words I know).

BLASPHEMY!
:eek:
haha, thats a clean looking rig for sure. Glad you got another toy to wheel in. I need to swing by and check it out sometime and drop off your wheels. :doh:

I know, I know, but at least I went from a Jeep to five different Toyotas before I went back to a Jeep. :flipoff2:

Not sure what your RDO's are right now, but I should be around Friday and Saturday. We are heading south on Sunday, time to hit Death Valley and points abroad.

Jack

I'm in mon-friday right now so Friday afternoon or Saturday works. I can drop them off Friday after work if that's ok.

I'm in mon-friday right now so Friday afternoon or Saturday works. I can drop them off Friday after work if that's ok.

Sounds like a plan. See you then.

Jack

Nice rig, congrats...

until Toyota imports a 70 series, unlimited rubicons a are about as good as it gets for something newer..

That's it. No more Chrysler products allowed here mister..... There can be only one.

Or is that a line from a really cheesy movie series???

Nice rig. Can't wait to see it in action, breaking trail for me in the Whale..

That's it. No more Chrysler products allowed here mister..... There can be only one.

LOL...

Highlander.jpg

Nice rig, congrats...

until Toyota imports a 70 series, unlimited rubicons a are about as good as it gets for something newer..

I agree. Toyota has forsaken the American market with anything "decent."

No doubt, can't have too many chryslers, I wouldn't wish that on anyone...

What you talking about Willis??? (Another bad TV quote). The big white whale will be the one breaking trail on the next trail/snow run.

Jack

Ditto what Spressomon said. When you rolled into his driveway, I was thinking "jeep dude jealous of cruiser dudes and wants to hang"

...then Jack jumps out!! s***, hit the bunkers!!

We missed you and Darcie in DV.... Fun time at dinner though indeed.

:cheers:

Ditto what Spressomon said. When you rolled into his driveway, I was thinking "jeep dude jealous of cruiser dudes and wants to hang"

...then Jack jumps out!! s***, hit the bunkers!!

We missed you and Darcie in DV.... Fun time at dinner though indeed.

:cheers:

I could tell you guys had no idea who it was.

We were sorry we couldn't run with you guys either. We are heading out Sunday for our week in the southland. Also, the New Years adventure is a no go for us. Darcie has to work, her partner is already off during that time and there are only two of them in her office.

Dinner was awesome and we had a great time.

Jack

WILLD420 said:

If it wasn't for Chrysler we wouldn't have sayings like "shake by cummins rattle by dodge.." Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom