I've been dreaming of Carbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If it happens again, is that a place a dab of blue loctite would be helpful? Would the gasoline just dissolve it? Would it make it too difficult to adjust?

Not sure about blue loctite permanently submerged in gas. I think the lesson here is to tighten the seat (via wide standard screwdriver) just a little more tight than I had it. 90WT's custom hand torque settings must've been off a few in-lbs that day. :hillbilly:

While this thread is on top. Any good suggestions for a 2F Carb rebuild kit? I usually just hit up cruiser outfitters, should I consider a specific kit?

Cruiser outfitters is where I ordered mine. Good stuff IMO. And order yourself a large pizza before you rebuild your carb. The pizza box is a perfect work tray to disassemble the carb and keep from losing all the little springs/clips/balls.

I found these things when I was in the Army:

They're really nice for capturing small parts during disassembly.

Late to the party but was your float bowl emptying overnight? And no to any kind of RTV etc. AFAIK, Hylomar is the only fuel safe sealant for a carb gasket.

Float bowl wasn’t empty overnight. It was way full. The morning it gave me trouble was really cold. I can only think that gas was getting past the seat (controlled by the float). Maybe a combination of really cold and possibly loosening by way of off-roading this year. ? I haven’t ever used any gasket sealer at the carb gaskets or intake manifold interface. That’s a no-no in my experience. In the process of running very rich for 30 minutes or less, the wide band O2 sensor bit the dust, started reading way lean. I pulled it out and it was black with carbon. Those guys are spendy.

The carb on the 40 is a piecemeal carb and hasn't really worked right ever. Always way too rich, got this from city racer last night. Next up is new dizzy wires and spark plugs, not a fan of the current gm style dizzy on there now. Should run much better at Cruise Moab this year!

PXL_20240106_022613021.jpg

PXL_20220426_210956039.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom