Builds “It’s only an axle swap and a motor swap” aka AK2AL aka Dream Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is my road warrior though and want it to be right.
You better hurry or you might miss your big day!

overland-clay.jpg

It hasta be in your drive line based on it happening when accelerating. I remember being on the freeway and when I hit the gas I felt something and it went away when I let off. A few miles later when I got off the freeway my U-Joint exploded. Put a gopro under and record while driving. Maybe you will see something.

Did some more driveline research.

Tcase and pinion are almost parallel and within 2*, but the diff still needs to rotate down. They need to 2* away from each other essentially. So it’s really like they are 4* off.

I is so smart:hillbilly:

Slee upper control arms shipping today.

and as @J Mack said, I am #overlandAF:cool:

You should send them one of your super flexy drainage ditch photos to show them how hardcore you are!
Insurance companies are just like chicks they really dig the super hardcore overland guys.

Grundy wanted pics to get the agreed upon value. Dick.

....the guy on the phone did sound cute....

Somebody smarter than me...

have a vibration:
-Feels like driving on mud tires, but it’s not the tires.
-rear DS is shorter than stock and I have about a 3-4” lift.
-Tcase and rear output flange are within 2* parallel of each other
-mostly goes away at speed with clutch pushed in
-worst under hard acceleration, some under decel
-new motor mounts
-new Tcase mounts
-new body mounts

-is it worth getting adjustable rear upper control arms to play with pinion angle? $$
-I know the DS is still spinning in neutral, but it’s not under a load

-or more likely all the new mounts are tight and just translating into the body?

its not bad, but would like to fix it. Not sure where to start or how to test it.

Any clunks? How are u-joints? How is slip yoke?

The FJ55 will always rule over new Jeeps in coolness and exotic factor, but the 4 door JK’s are a pretty sweet platform with a huge aftermarket, making them a pretty decent choice for a newer wheeler.
Part of the inspiration for the build I’m doing, besides all the great builds on this forum, is to make something that stands out from that JK crowd, on a vintage platform that was built rather than bought.

The FJ55 will always rule over new Jeeps in coolness and exotic factor, but the 4 door JK’s are a pretty sweet platform with a huge aftermarket, making them a pretty decent choice for a newer wheeler.
Part of the inspiration for the build I’m doing, besides all the great builds on this forum, is to make something that stands out from that JK crowd, on a vintage platform that was built rather than bought.
100% ^^ this ^^

Whenever I head home and pass through Alabama, I have to set my clock 100 years forward when I cross back over into my state.

Perry FL says welcome to 1920...... Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom