Builds “It’s only an axle swap and a motor swap” aka AK2AL aka Dream Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let’s see.

The day I wired up the radio was 6 days into sitting in hospice watching my father in law die. I may have been drinking too much that night and not wire in a fuse....

This lead to the wire chafing, grounding out, and a small electrical fire, melting the floor mats, and filling the cab with smoke on the way to the SSS in Arkansas. Almost became the FryingPig instead of the FlyingPig. It was exciting.

Jinkees dude, you have just a few things going on these days...

Jinkees dude, you have just a few things going on these days...

last 6 weeks..
-drive pig for first time
-son gets covid
-gives us Covid -get sick
-gives in-law parents Covid -very sick
-have to quarantine together with wife
-wife leaves for 2 months
-sold shop land
-father in law hospice
-buy new land for my house
-sit with father in law as he takes his last breath
-SSS
-edited
-edited

Pretty normal stuff!!

Last edited:
last 6 weeks..
-filed for divorce
-son gets covid
-gives us Covid -get sick
-gives in-law parents Covid -very sick
-have to quarantine together with wife
-wife leaves for 2 months to get her s*** straight
-sold shop land
-father in law hospice
-buy new land for my house
-sit with father in law as he takes his last breath
-SSS

Pretty normal stuff!!

As @bobm would say, "WTF?!?"

last 6 weeks..
And you made memories that will last a life time, the rest of the BS will fade off into oblivion.

2380b04c-a71c-4ce8-b1f6-73a3608411b8-jpeg.2483119

Wow! You've had one hell of a crappy year and yet you pulled it together enough to give your son a great trip even while having some truck issues. I've been down that list other than the covid and had I known would of shared a cold beer with you. :beer: Believe it or not, life does get better.

So, you sorted out the trouble with the fuses?

To all of the haters’ joy, I had more electrical issues on day two. After hours of poking, prodding, blowing fuses, blowing more fuses, hot wiring, we bypassed something in the ignition that is grounding out. The ECU is hot wired right now essentially. Oh boy did the leaf spring 2Fers love that I was having issues. It is something in the 1973 wiring, not something I did, which makes me happy.

Once it was fixed, drove another 500 miles home at 80mph, getting 15+ mpgs, on 35”s, with just a thumb and forefinger on the steering wheel. Needs a little work, but overall a win

View attachment 2483125

View attachment 2483126

View attachment 2483127

Yep. It clearly could not have been anything you did. Must blame the Japanese guy working late on a Friday

C53AFFC8-F8B0-465C-884E-C60217ED9F23.jpeg

The moral of the story is the rock midget lost and I won my $100 :)

Only an Army guy would take the money on a bet where you spent more time on the satrap than under power.

Except when you were making hot laps through camp and doing donuts on the beach.

I guess if you count that stuff the money was earned.

Had a great time with the welded diff, trailered, mini truck guys today. 80 miles at 80mph each way, and some pretty solid trails too. 80 suspension works great. No issues with my rig.

2A495B53-0CFF-46D1-B3AE-174992693291.jpeg

523A36E5-E0E4-4AA1-BF1A-C7260E9CC3F3.jpeg

FA7ED37C-3DAF-42F2-A0CC-6D7FB7DC9870.jpeg

C60D4767-CAFE-45D9-A138-9CA710146B88.jpeg

B8732FA0-3724-4B66-8EB6-F66FEC8341A7.jpeg

Only an Army guy would take the money on a bet where you spent more time on the satrap than under power.

Except when you were making hot laps through camp and doing donuts on the beach.

I guess if you count that stuff the money was earned.

I drove over 1,000 miles under my own power and got towed for 1 on a rigs maiden voyage. I recognized my need to fix my battery connections, but the part that failed is in fact in my ignition.

I’m not sure about the hot laps? I did let about 6 other people drive it?

Yes, I did a donut on the beach.

I heard tales of a sniper 55 being broken down all weekend on a reconnaissance trip? Possibly only tall tales? Maybe it’s only mine that has ever broken down. Who knows?
:meh: :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom