Issue with Bear Nut Upholstery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if anyone has had work done by this place? I dropped off my drivers seat and both front door panels to be repaired about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from them. I called last week and left a couple of messages but no return call. I called this am and no answer. I live in Corrales and they are also in Corrales so I drove by today but there is place is gated off. They work from their home so its not really an office or commercial building.

Not sure what recourse I can do at this point. Looks like I'll be looking for a drivers seat and front door panels for my 62 soon.

I just had those guys install a full kit for me for the front and rear seats from leatherseats.com. The guy Jerry seems to know what he's doin, but he's been sick alot lately. They took a little over 5 weeks to get my whole project done and that was with heated seat inserts for my front seats. They actually forgot to add the heated seat stuff in the front seats the first time around so they had to take them apart and re-do them which seemed to be part of what turned it into a 5 week process. I still have yet to pay them, though. If they're gonna hold your seats hostage I'll hold my payment hostage! ha

I just had those guys install a full kit for me for the front and rear seats from leatherseats.com. The guy Jerry seems to know what he's doin, but he's been sick alot lately. They took a little over 5 weeks to get my whole project done and that was with heated seat inserts for my front seats. They actually forgot to add the heated seat stuff in the front seats the first time around so they had to take them apart and re-do them which seemed to be part of what turned it into a 5 week process. I still have yet to pay them, though. If they're gonna hold your seats hostage I'll hold my payment hostage! ha
Thanks for this reply. I haven't paid them anything yet. But also don't have my door panels and drivers seat either. I'm just a little pissed that they haven't called once to let me know anything. Just a simple call. I guess I will just keep going over there and watch for the gate to be open. I can understand if someone is sick or whatever, just a courtesy call would be nice. Hopefully i can get my stuff back from them.

That's rough, it really is a bummer, a little phone call really does go a long way. I can also send you Cathy's number who seems to be more of an office manager for the guy if you want to pm me. I understand, though, they forgot about my stuff for awhile so I had to stay on them to make sure things kept moving along. I kind of hate to say it, but I won't be having them handle any more of my upholstery work.

Thanks. We have her cell number. I should also note that when we dropped off our stuff she told us they would be a week to get it done. It's been 3 weeks and haven't heard from her once. Might go into the Village administration building and see if I can lodge a complaint. It's gonna be some money to find both front door panels and a drivers seat. My seat was actually in really good shape but for a small hole in the vinyl on the seat bottom.

Sure. Thats awful. I won't be paying them. At least not until they send up my missing parts. They somehow misplaced my controller/switches and relay kits for one of the heated seat systems. So Hopefully theyre motivated enough to find it, otherwise, they're out for their installation fees.

Sure. Thats awful. I won't be paying them. At least not until they send up my missing parts. They somehow misplaced my controller/switches and relay kits for one of the heated seat systems. So Hopefully theyre motivated enough to find it, otherwise, they're out for their installation fees.
So what's the secret to getting in touch with them! I'm surprised you were able to actually pick up your seats.

UPDATE Cathy got in touch with my wife yesterday evening. This morning I was able to pick up my seat and door panels. She said that her upholsterer had been out sick and apologized. I am going to put the seat back in the truck for now. Relieved to at least get my stuff back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom