Is this too much rust for a MY16 LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I was checking a white 16' TLC online and carfax shows vehicle has been in NY before being purchased by this dealer in TX. I asked the sales if there is any rust spots underneath, he said yes and showed me these pictures. I wonder if the extent is bad enough to avoid? I have never bought any pre-owned vehicles that lived in the north before.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_8597.JPG
IMG_8598.JPG
IMG_8599.JPG
IMG_8600.JPG
IMG_8601.JPG

Yep mine has been in the Southeast it's whole life and it's got the same amount as pictured..

How many miles and what are they asking?

Hello, I was checking a white 16' TLC online and carfax shows vehicle has been in NY before being purchased by this dealer in TX. I asked the sales if there is any rust spots underneath, he said yes and showed me these pictures. I wonder if the extent is bad enough to avoid? I have never bought any pre-owned vehicles that lived in the north before.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2513897View attachment 2513898View attachment 2513899View attachment 2513900View attachment 2513901

Looks pretty minor, but check the KDSS valve hex screws (seems to be the automatic topic of the week). :)

Last edited:
That rust is easily treated after you treat it and Then paint with the restoleum hammer coat every fall do the samething I own a 2015 LX570 that’s always been in Florida have absolutely no rust but I still get underneath it every fall and paint every seam in every area that could possibly have any discoloration. My bottom looks as good as my top 😂 It’s nice living in Florida 😎

Last edited:
Rust is ok. Make your decision on other factors.

I'd rather not have rust but unfortunately its a fact of life for us in the North. I wouldn't be unduly concerned; its very minor and there is more to rust thickness wise than some "thinner" alternatives. I have discussed issues with some owners in Scotland as we are very bad rust wise and you can imagine, tough road conditions and lots of salt. One owner rusted through his suspension pipes but it was a 2007 high millage 200 with AHC.

I'd rather not have rust but unfortunately its a fact of life for us in the North. I wouldn't be unduly concerned; its very minor and there is more to rust thickness wise than some "thinner" alternatives. I have discussed issues with some owners in Scotland as we are very bad rust wise and you can imagine, tough road conditions and lots of salt. One owner rusted through his suspension pipes but it was a 2007 high millage 200 with AHC.
Not from Scotland but I have a lot of Scottish blood and I’m drinking some scotch reading your posts looking forward to hearing more from you about the 200 series in Scotland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom