Is this timing belt kit recommended? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

afa

Threads
If I were to try and do the job myself (which I probably won't) would this be the kit to buy? Just wondering why some auto shops quote really high "parts" prices during their timing belt service.

Any thoughts? Is there anything other parts that I'm missing?

^^^^ this is a really nice kit for the money! Aisin is the way to go plus it never hurts to replace the water pump while you are there. Thank you for posting that link.

We need a little more information.

Your vehicle? Year model? Any maintenance records of timing belt/water pump/pulleys having been replaced?

Most likely a kit similar to this might be your best bet: https://www.amazon.com/Aisin-TKT-021-Engine-Timing-Water/dp/B008EEYWKI/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Lexus|75&Model=LX470|1019&Year=1999|1999&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&newVehicle=1&s=automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

01 land cruiser just wondering why some shops charge $500+ for parts when these kits are under $200.

markup...

Capitalism

01 land cruiser just wondering why some shops charge $500+ for parts when these kits are under $200.

Pesky little thing called 'profit'. Pretty much necessary if you are going to pay the bills (overhead, wages, insurance, rent/mortgage, etc).

Someone drop-shipping a mail order can afford to accept MUCH less 'profit' margin....since they don't have the same expenses as a repair shop.

It is incumbent upon the purchaser to find the best deal for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom