Is this a bad omen? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not a bad omen, but an unfortunate incidence and bad faith on the part of the shipper. Shame on them for not stepping up. Let the dealer and the shipper know how poorly the shipper treated you. Get it fixed, send the bill to the shipper, and move on. Enjoy that wonderful LC!
Looks like things are going to work out. Looking forward to enjoying the beast. Thank you.

Last edited:
Since you are going to leave a review, I would add a star since they are going to pay for the repair. They could have easily blown you off. Well done getting it paid for.

If the dealer arranged the transport it’s on them to go after the shipper and you should be compensated by the dealer.

If the dealer recommended the shipper then the dealer should contact the shipper and say make it right or we won’t send you more of our business. You just spent 80k at their dealership and bought the most expensive Toyota line barring the heritage. You should list the dealer and shipper on the forum and send them a copy.

if you arranged and paid for shipping I’d use every means in my power to continue to contact the shipper about this issue. Put the name and contact number on the forum as a beware of this company thread and print and send them a copy of your posts. The credit card suggestion is a good one.

I get the let it go cuz it’s a truck but that misses the principal of the issue and starts what should be a joyous beginning of ownership on a sour note. I for one would not let that slide.

and I would definitely spend any compensation you get on modding the truck.
Dealer would not arrange shipment. They did recommend the shipper. They are smart at keeping their hands clean.

I agree it is all about the principle and doing the right thing. I'm not sure what has happened to integrity. Growing up I was taught that was everything.

As far as modding goes, I have already begun the process. I ordered a cat back exhaust from DirtyDeeds. The beast need to breath! Stay tuned.

Thanks for the input.

A good detail shop that does paint correction can fix that up for next to nothing. On this type of small stuff they can make it look as good as a respray. I wouldn’t waste the time and frustration to track down compensation on this from the shipper or dealer. The shipper’s profit is likely not much and most dealers begrudge covering a wash after service. A cash rebate from a dealer who will never see you again is not going to happen. Anyone who says “I’d go back to the dealer”, while well intentioned, does not have to make the calls, spend time on hold, wait for someone to call you back who never does, and in general wastes your time. (Indeed by your post you’ve already invested a fair amount of time without any effect). For the dealer it would be a $50 repair in their own body shop. Understand that’s your best possible outcome as you sit on hold waiting to speak to the GM. It will never end. Dealer will blame shipper, shipper will blame dealer.
Yep they are pointing fingers at one another. The shipper is stepping up.

Glad it all worked out, and I would look at the positive. When you get a new (even used) vehicle, you are always a little overly cautious until that first ding in the Safeway parking lot. Then you are mad as hell for a week. You just absorbed all of that up front and now you won't worry so much and will be able to enjoy your truck more. It was going to happen eventually anyways.

Glad it all worked out, and I would look at the positive. When you get a new (even used) vehicle, you are always a little overly cautious until that first ding in the Safeway parking lot. Then you are mad as hell for a week. You just absorbed all of that up front and now you won't worry so much and will be able to enjoy your truck more. It was going to happen eventually anyways.

Thank you. Excellent advice!

TRUTH!

I do feel your frustration of having another to-do on your list. Hopefully you can find a reputable body shop that won’t report the repair on Carfax. You probably should ask if it’s important to you to not have the repair on it.

Take your rig out in the world and create some wonderful family memories.

At least you didn’t hit a cow going 65mph, or destroy your engine going through a river, or buckle the bottom of a door due to not having rock sliders, or destroy a bumper due to miscalculating an angle, or destroying an upper control arm and fender well due to a jump, or any of the other things members here have done to scar their rigs.

Knowing these things helped me get the right perspective when a family member and his buddy put their dirty hands on the headliner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom