Is rim too narrow? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a set 39.5x15x17 TSL's and want to mount on H2 Hummer wheels which measure 17x8.50. Does anyone have any experience with this or have of any negative effects or dangers? These will be under a 69 Scout mostly trail use. Thanks in advance I would post this on Pirate but I haven't been able to setup an account

How did you find Mud if you are a scout fiend???

I run a 14.50 tire on stock H1 rims.

I think it is a bit on the narrow side but it will work

15" tire will like a 10" rim IMO....

tho, Dennie runs 16.5 wide PBR's on stock hummer rims...see the trail rides corner, the RockRash2 photos, his is the 60-series buggie with the busted axles on the last page ;)

double beadlock allows this to happen on h1. no such luck with none bealocked h2

IMO they would be happier on a beadlock rim, double if that narrow, or a 10 wide at least.

what does the double beadlock have to do with it???

I mouted mine without the beadlock a couple of times...

allows you to run that skinny of a rim with low tire pressure with out having that much tire flop/roll and pop a bead.

little bigger is ok, that is a bit much, with nothing to control the beads. 12.5 on 8s, but 15 on 8.5 is too much.

granted these are all trail tire.

my experience shows a slightly narrower rim helps the bead retention..

more so with a taller tire

my spare is a 39.5 x 13.50 irok on a 15.8 on beadlocked rim...

run em on the h2 wheels whats it going to hurt if it sucks then try something differnt everyone on these boards has their own opinion on @&@&@&@& like that and some them use other peoples opinions go with it and see for your self. i wouldn't hesitate to run a 15 wide tire on an 8 inch rim bead locked or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom