Is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another vote for Keep it.

Although you have to have a good game plan to get work done on it because you have to get to work and stuff.

Thanks for all the responses...I'm gonna keep it. Today I was driving and my clutch suddenly felt very loose. After pumping it a few times, the pressure built up and worked perfectly. Is my slave cylinder going out? Also noticed a bit of fluid leaking from beneath tranny and t-case. Could my clutch be leaking fluid? Damn.

keep it!; ours is a DD and take our 4 kids everywhere with a 3rd row rear seat from IPOR..........both my wife and myself feel it is stucturally very safe as a kiddie hauler...just have to give it maintanence and fix problems before they get hopeless; like a good horse it responds to affection.......but you can also work it HARD!

Lou

Clutch master & slave cylinder rebuilds are easy & kits are cheap. Snap-On hone is prolly less than $20 (long time since I bought mine). You'll find lots of folks reocommending buying reman or new, but the hardest part is removing the cylinders to work on them (which is pretty easy IIRC).

I'll challenge Dyno's recommendation of a $500 Crapman set - buy only small sets of stuff you need. The big kits have a lot of stuff you'll never use.

This is the perfect vehicle to learn mechanics on & the perfect forum for support.

And you live in what Front Range Colorado considers heaven (besides North Park/Steamboat) & the best place to have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom