Ironman Foam Cell Pro with OEM springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Ironman 'A' spring is the same rate as OEM and only 1" longer. I'd rather re-use the OEM springs and preload them to get the 1" lift. I can't find any info on whether they fit on the Ironman shock.

Does anyone know?

Considering they sell the springs alone for use in lifting with whatever strut you want I would reckon they would work how you are wanting them to. 1” is okay with stock springs but you need to make sure the stock springs are not way too short compared to the Ironman ones or you’ll be way at the top of your adjustability and may not have enough left for the preload.
I hated stock springs preloaded (with 5100s). Way too bouncy off-road.

I hated stock springs preloaded (with 5100s). Way too bouncy off-road.

The stock coils are very soft, for most drivers on pavement I suppose. Prone to nose dive. Almost any aftermarket springs with a firmer rate will be an improvement on or off road.

Bouncing is controlled by the damper though. I hear the 5100 valving is very close to stock.

Rebound valving on the stock front shocks is very soft so I can understand an increase in bouncing with some preload. They bounce all over the place even without preload.

Dont think OEM springs will fit over the FCP (because its too fat) and OEM will be too short. You might look at the standard foam cell to see of the stock spring will work with that shock-(less travel and smaller diameter) For the FCP You’ll have to spend the extra $200 for the matched IM spring. Contact MetalTech and see if they have any left- they were closing out IM at a pretty good discount.

Note: When you install the IM springs & FCP shocks be ready with aftermarket UCA’s. The extra travel and circumference of the coil will interfere with the stock UCA just before full extension.

Bouncing is controlled by the damper though. I hear the 5100 valving is very close to stock.

Rebound valving on the stock front shocks is very soft so I can understand an increase in bouncing with some preload. They bounce all over the place even without preload.

I have 5100's they are on the soft side but the ride is great on road and good off road. Never feel out of control or want something different as far as ride goes. Beating your guts out does not usually make it a better off roader. On some bumps the 5100's do better than my fairly stock newer 200 series Land Cruiser. I take both vehicles some of the same places. The 5100's were a nice upgrade over stock. I am sitting on OME springs and have a front bumper and winch and skid plates which add a good bit of weight

The FCP fit fine inside the OEM spring. The OEM spring is not too short, not sure why you say this?

OEM spring free height is 355mm. Stock strut open length is 540mm, the 45730FE strut I used is 560mm. OEM spring seat height is 214mm; I set mine to 226mm giving me 1" lift.

The final spring length after strut assembly is 8mm longer than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom