iPhone Mud Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.png
First time this has happened this week after a fair amount of ad free time on site.

Sure it's not the ad network?

View attachment 1222051 First time this has happened this week after a fair amount of ad free time on site.

Sure it's not the ad network?

I'm sure it IS the ad network...but so far, support from the networks is failing to find and solve the issue.

Actually, that leads me to believe you clicked a link in the forum accidentally...Themehouse provides plugins for the forum software, and I use a couple of their plugins. There is a clickable link at the bottom edge of the forum pages to their site. Guessing you accidentally selected that.

Last edited:
I'm sure it IS the ad network...but so far, support from the networks is failing to find and solve the issue.

Actually, that leads me to believe you clicked a link in the forum accidentally...Themehouse provides plugins for the forum software, and I use a couple of their plugins. There is a clickable link at the bottom edge of the forum pages to their site. Guessing you accidentally selected that.

Oh yeah maybe so. when theme house came up I was scrolling to the reply box...so perhaps I just swiped one too many times. :doh:

Oh yeah maybe so. when theme house came up I was scrolling to the reply box...so perhaps I just swiped one too many times. :doh:
I know the feeling...I have phat fingers too :)

Posting to report the same issues. Also got a malware issue that I got a screenshot of. I'll post it shortly.

I get redirected to this and a few others about half the pages I view.

image.png

FYI, amazonaws is one of the major CDN providers, and thousands of sites use them to serve data. I have as well.

However, the fact that the adware was using them means they are likely getting closer to being removed. Wish I had a contact at Amazon to work with and find out the source.

I've made a ton of adjustments today, hoping to filter out the problem. Unfortunately, adjustments don't often take effect immediately...I usually wait over night to see what actual results are, then adjust again as necessary.

If you think getting the redirect is irritating (which it is), try spending hours and hours researching and chasing the issue, making changes that you think will work, and then finding out all that effort and time was wasted. Uugh...up at 4a researching today...have done more tonight and am not finding anything new...yet...

HAVE learned that this is a common iPhone issue with other forum owners...many who were surprised that 'MUD hadn't been targeted already...which is nice.... :p

Interestingly, I've seen a bunch of AT&T screenshots, one Spring and one T-Mobile...not one Verizon however...

I wonder if this is provider specific as well (ie: not CDMA...)

Interestingly, I've seen a bunch of AT&T screenshots, one Spring and one T-Mobile...not one Verizon however...

Im getting it worse today than before. Adtrackking and vigital something or other.

image.png

problem is, NONE of these are the source...the embedded backend code contains that...and digging into that from ANY phone is a challenge...especially when it's an LTE specific issue...

I've got a few experts looking into it...wish them luck...

FYI, amazonaws is one of the major CDN providers, and thousands of sites use them to serve data. I have as well.

However, the fact that the adware was using them means they are likely getting closer to being removed. Wish I had a contact at Amazon to work with and find out the source.

I've made a ton of adjustments today, hoping to filter out the problem. Unfortunately, adjustments don't often take effect immediately...I usually wait over night to see what actual results are, then adjust again as necessary.

If you think getting the redirect is irritating (which it is), try spending hours and hours researching and chasing the issue, making changes that you think will work, and then finding out all that effort and time was wasted. Uugh...up at 4a researching today...have done more tonight and am not finding anything new...yet...

HAVE learned that this is a common iPhone issue with other forum owners...many who were surprised that 'MUD hadn't been targeted already...which is nice.... :p

Thanks for staying up on the issue. I probably open up mud two dozen times throughout the day. (Whoops).

Great community you've started over here as well and I know we all appreciate the effort you put into keeping it going.

I have Verizon and mud is almost unusable with the pop up listed. Mostly redirects and the ad track king. Took me a half hour just to get here. Been happening over the course of 2 months progressively getting worse. Just got a brand new iPhone 5s today and it's just as bad. Hope it gets fixed!

I'm on Verizon fwiw

I cleared my cookies and cache on Chrome on my Android and haven't experienced it yet. Will keep you informed.

I now know the adjustments I've made aren't working...will keep at it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom