Inverted Trailer Shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

offrd63

Ain't you done yet!
Threads
So I hit a speed bump takeing my empty tandom axle trailer back to it's parking spot. Now the tires on the front axle are rideing 6" off the ground. :frown:

Anybody already been there done that? What is the quick fix? I was in a hurry and didn't really have time to do anything but look and say WTF! I just parked it and went back to work. It looks like the shackles on the front axle are wedged between the frame and the teeter totter thingy. The rear shackles are now nearly horizontal.

I need to load my 40 up to go to Moab this weekend and I have plenty of projects without my trailer being one of them. :crybaby:

Any Idea's? :idea:

Thanks

aw

There's no quick fix, sorry! I have on occasion with much cursing and gnashing of teeth managed to re-invert (exvert?) shackles by pulling the axle out of place with a come a loong and using a long bar to flip the shackle back over. Otherwise, you're gonna have to start unbolting stuff...

Get a pry bar and snap it back into place.. It will be fine.

How fast were you driving???? :D

yeah, what mace said.

or hit a couple curbs and cross your fingers it puts itself back to the norm.

treeroot's trailer does that all the time too...someone should make anti-inversion trailer shackles:grinpimp:

use a hydraulic jack on the spring in front of the reversed shackle, Jacking it up will spread the spring from the frame and the shackle will invert when it overcenters. Using a bar will work, however the tension on the spring will transfer to the bar when it overcenters and will want to whip the bar in your direction. The jack just falls out. It helps to jack the vehicle up also, take the height off the spring

Mace said:
Get a pry bar and snap it back into place.. It will be fine.

How fast were you driving???? :D

I don't know man, my timeing was off all day yesterday. :) I usually try to launch off the first bump and land the third. I quess I just missed it. :flamingo: :flamingo: :flamingo:

I think the bottle jack sounds like the "quik fix". Thanks plowboy

aw

Jack sounds safer :D

Man, triples with a trailer, you are xtreme ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom