Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

After looking at the small SUV's in my price range $20K (+/-), a 97' TLC is looking better all the time. Never owned a LC before, but a friend of mine drives 93' and it has me hooked. I won't be doing much serious off-roading, just want something that can go through some heavy duty snow, handle nasty seasonal trails, has a touch of class, and can run forever.

I've been lurking for a few days and I'm really impressed with the wealth info available on this site. That actaully helps when making a vehicle choice, knowing I can turn to a resource like this for advice is a huge plus, especially when purchasing used.

No stupid noob questions just yet, but I'm sure as I get closer to making a purchase I'll come up with a few so bear with me.

Anyway, thanks to all the contributors who make this site what it is...

Later,

Jay

Welcome Jay,

Let us know what you end up with.

Dan.

Glad to have you. Good luck in your search...

Hi Jay and welcome to the 80s section here on ih8mud.

If you're bored & don't mind doing a little searching then scan the archives here and on the *** SOR.com *** link above. We've had two or three long threads on what to look for in a used 80 series, how to buy, which year has which differences, etc.

Good luck and keep us posted.
-B-

Welcome Newbie :flipoff2:

Hehehehe, someone's gotta salute the newbie :D

Seriously, welcome aboard. Lots of good guys, and even better information on this board. Good to see your making a smart decision. A 97 would be an EXCELLENT choice if I don't say so myself.

Scott

welcome
roosterf.gif
:flipoff2: :D

Welcome Jay. Are you really up North? I always laugh when I hear the Traverse City area called "Northern Michigan" (I'm in the U.P., in Marquette). I'll probably end up with an FZJ80 when my FJ62 gets too rusty - if I was shopping for a Cruiser right now it would be a '97 with lockers...

Damn yooper, you're good. Traverse City it is.

Its all relative... I grew up in the Flint area, so anything north of Clare counts as "up north" to us trolls. :p

Yer both up North. I paid $15k and $17k for my '97s with 100k. I looked a long time, flew to Cleveland and Kansas City to get them. Great vehicles especially that cheap, although I wish my brother Doug would hurry up and change all my axle seals :D

Welcome Jay !

Tyler

PS : NO , I do not run curtains in my 80 ... thats a viscious rumor . :'(

sheer drapes, actually ::)

In a stunning shade of Mauve.
-B-

[quote author=UpNorth link=board=2;threadid=5067;start=msg39589#msg39589 date=1063157188]
Damn yooper, you're good. Traverse City it is.

Its all relative... I grew up in the Flint area, so anything north of Clare counts as "up north" to us trolls. :p
[/quote]

LOL! Damn trolls.

Jay, if you want to see some serious wheeling trails after you build your 80 come on up anytime and we'll see if we can put some dents in it! :D

Hey thats not funny, its going to cost money to get those taken care of! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom